Breaking News From The Blog

greenminer

There was some big news to come out of the first day of North Texas' fall workouts today, none bigger than the loss of Josh Alexander. The senior tackle was trying to come back from a knee injury that kept him out all of last season, but told head coach Todd Dodge last night that he wouldn't be able to make it back.

Several members of the UNT's team didn't practice Monday. Defensive back Roy Loren, wide receiver Korey Washington, kicker Steven Woodward and quarterback Woody Wilson are all members of UNT's 105-man roster, but did not work out. All four could be out several days.

Offensive lineman Nick Foster was also not at practice. UNT head coach Todd Dodge said he couldn't comment on Foster's status with the team.

Offensive lineman Ajani Banks was also not at practice. Banks is not on the Mean Green's preliminary roster.

Vito's blog

Edited by greenminer

Several members of the UNT's team didn't practice Monday. Defensive back Roy Loren, wide receiver Korey Washington, kicker Steven Woodward and quarterback Woody Wilson are all members of UNT's 105-man roster, but did not work out. All four could be out several days.

It seems every year we have ONE big loss to grades, but you could argue that all four of these players could be big losses. Not saying they are officially grade casualties, but it is possible, highly possible at this point one could assume.

Korey Washington hasn't gotten a whole lot of hype this off-season, but he could be huge in the slot

Loren...no explanation needed

Woodward...never kicked for us before, but he was highly touted out of HS

Woody...like ot or not he was going to get a shot to lead this team at the most important position in the offense.

Lets hope for good news

It seems every year we have ONE big loss to grades, but you could argue that all four of these players could be big losses. Not saying they are officially grade casualties, but it is possible, highly possible at this point one could assume.

Korey Washington hasn't gotten a whole lot of hype this off-season, but he could be huge in the slot

Loren...no explanation needed

Woodward...never kicked for us before, but he was highly touted out of HS

Woody...like ot or not he was going to get a shot to lead this team at the most important position in the offense.

Lets hope for good news

I wonder if these are grade or injury issues? When is the second summer session over at NT? They may all just be minor lingering injuries and nothing to be too concerned about. It seems every fall camp we get some bad news mixed in with the good.

According to the ST this morning (Tuesday), Roy Loren is gone.

Hate to see him go, but was he really that much better than our alternatives back there? Seems to me he decided not to take care of business in the classroom, which is inexcusable in my book.

I think that Roy Loren is a better option than the others because of his speed, size and cover ability (former corner), I like Higgs and Warren and I think Agbottah will be good, but for this year he was the best player. That sucks!

Loren off the team is a bummer.

What do you guys think about Woody? Let's say he doesn't win the QB battle. With his speed might he make for a nice safety? Granted we've only seen him on the offensive side of the ball but you gotta think a guy who isn't afraid to turn it up the middle as a QB wouldn't be afraid to lay some wood to someone who comes across the middle deep. Thoughts? Does he have the size to be effective?