As Slogans Go, This One Sucks

emmitt01

Funny exchange in the thread:

Will people unaffiliated with SMU know to associate a red mustang with the word "pony"?

Will UNT grads know to associate an arrow with the word "up"?

The next reply from an SMU fan:

I will confess my ignorance here and now. When I saw the graphic, I had no idea what it was supposed to mean so I asked the guy in the football office what it was and he said, "Pony Up" with this kind of expression on his face > :rolleyes:

That just made me smile.

Edited by GreenTiger

Amazing. I mean, seriously. For them, a school with that much money and no one anywhere can think of, or buy, something better. For us, a school that claims to be artsy and creative....

Amazing.

but the great RV chose this slogan!!!!! :angry:

How dare you sir. How dare you indeed.

Will people unaffiliated with SMU know to associate a red mustang with the word "pony"?

Will UNT grads know to associate an arrow with the word "up"?

The phrase "Pony Up" is usually associated with paying a debt or great expense... which I'm sure trust fund baby SMU students understand perfectly. :rolleyes:

Saying this new slogan "sucks" might be the understatement of the year. Then again maybe us state University Grads are not sophisticated enough to understand it.

Don't you know... if you don't spend 30k a year for your education then you must have the IQ of a houseplant.

Those of us who actually work for our education know the opposite is true.

For us, a school that claims to be artsy and creative....

Amazing.

And our school is. But those aren't the people choosing the slogan. As far as I know, anything related to the AD is probably handled at the AD, and the AD doesn't really go looking to pick up kids from the design program. Also, the URCM doesn't do AD work unless it's stuff put into the North Texan.

Hey Bob, remember when the 2004 Red sox had that "Cowboy Up" thing and everyone loved it?

Why yes, Bill I do.

Do you think our university can find a way to butcher it beyond recognition, make the crap slogan at UNT look like Hemingway,and further show the worl that the Richards Group is steaming, giant pile of overrated crap?

I don't know, Bill. Why don't I "pony up" and show you?

If that's their slogan ... can we make these signs for their game as follows:

lg_fistgleam.jpgdown_arrow.gif

I was thinking that there could be a shirt made that had their slogan on the front and on the back have pony down and either have our score from last year or a picture of a NT player knocking the f*** out of a SMU player. I beleive there was a picture from last year that had one of our lb's lighting up their qb.

Edited by Green Crazy

Hey, it's SMU...what did you expect? They never have had "a clue". But, put me down in the camp of those who like the "It's Wide Open" thing! Has oh so many different meanings...but, for me, it says something about how we expect to see some exciting football around UNT...for a change...a VERY good change. See you at Fouts!

The slogan is pretty creative and actually kind of nice. (pardon while I wash my mouth out with soap)

The logo of a pony next to a child's drawing of an arrow pointing up...I think I would kill my self if I were with SMU and had to wear something like that.

barf.gif