Has Anyone Seen These Helmets Before?

caliuntfan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the new look with a dark helmet, dark face mask and black chin strap is tough looking. When you mix in the smeared eye black ( the real stuff not the fake strips) that is football. Not bright clean shiny white helmets. They are too rich looking for me, However, they are new and they represent Todd Dodge and where he wants to take this program.

Good Lord, what is the point of posting all of these hi-res poster pictures? What are they for anyway? They're doing a number on my cell phone. :-/

They look like they'd be for the team. Physical ability records, team overall goals...yeah, I think these are for the team.

As for our unis, I bet these will be the nicest uniforms ever fielded by UNT. And that's how it should be. GMG!

"Yay -- major uniform changes! There's nothing that signifies tradition in college football more than frequent modifications to your logo, helmet, nickname and colors. "

Amen, brother....sadly.

Remember when everyone was throwing a fit because of the "accent" gold and navy? Since when is black an official UNT color?

Can anyone verify that the helmets shown for 63 and 64-66 are authentic? If so, I have to buy those.

The Helmet Project has had both of those for a while, so I'd say they are. And by my saying that there probably aren't any photos of them, someone will eventually find one to prove me wrong.

Can anyone verify that the helmets shown for 63 and 64-66 are authentic? If so, I have to buy those.

Below is a link to the Yucca. Click on "1958 Album". This will then let you go to other year's albums. You can advance to the year you want (for 1964 season, see 1965 Yucca). Within the specific year then you can advance pages (like sports section). Many football photos in some years.....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DX

Edited by NT80

"Yay -- major uniform changes! There's nothing that signifies tradition in college football more than frequent modifications to your logo, helmet, nickname and colors. "

Amen, brother....sadly.

Remember when everyone was throwing a fit because of the "accent" gold and navy? Since when is black an official UNT color?

What tradition...?

How much do these new helmets look like the SLC helmets, with the logo change from "SC" to "North Texas"? It'd be interesting to see the two side by side. I wonder if T.Dodge has a bias towards WHITE helmets as opposed to the previous years GREEN.

I do like hte helmets, although it'll take some getting used to.

That's an AFFIRMATIVE. I sent this link over to my wife and that's the first thing she said...."they look just like Southlake".

I thought about this, and it does concern me some, but then realized Southlake is a freaking HIGH SCHOOL and that nobody outside the DFW area would even make the association on their own ( I mean, can you name the various highschool colors and mascots of Houston, Austin or San Antonio-area Highschools? If the answer is YES, you are a HS coach or you have too much free time).

I dont think it's going to be a big deal (in the long run) but I'd definitely brace for some jeering in the short...

The helmet scheme seems to go with the same theme as other schools using under amour, leading me to believe this is more a case of terrific coincidence than Dodge trying to bring over the same look from SLC.

auburn%20helmet.jpg

maryland.jpg

p3483605reg.jpg

not bad company...

If our Mean Green football program catapults to Top 25 status (which I think it eventually will if we don't blow it in Denton and give Todd Dodge viable reasons to want to leave); yet if and when we go Top 25, our football team can wear the kind of helmets and unis' some of us wore in pee-wee or Pop Warner football for all I care.

Penn State has about as plain a helmet and uni' that there is, but look at their Joe Paterno-led football program of the last 30 or so years?