Grand Rant From Georgio This Morning...

George spent a segment Tuesday morning lauding Coach Dodge and all the excitement going on in the land of the Green. He talked about the Riley switch from U.T. to U.N.T. the early 2008 commitments, the season ticket excitment and how excited he was about the upcoming football season.

George is one of the true heros of the Mean Green! We are so lucky to have his passion and talent in the Mean Green family!

See everyone August 4!MeanGreenRick

Edited by ParksAndRecRick

Notable? Says who?

Doesnt matter. We have PLENTY of alumni support as is... the last thing we need is some Johnny-come-lately bandwagon fans.

Plus, I'm banking on Todd Dodge bringing the entire city of Southlake to just about every game with his awesometastic offensive wizardry...

Plus, I'm banking on Todd Dodge bringing the entire city of Southlake to just about every game with his awesometastic offensive wizardry...

Then we're going to need to upgrade the bathrooms. I'd suggest adding a bidet. And one of those guys who gives you fresh towels and cologne and puts out the tip tray.

Then we have about 100,000 traitors. Hope you brought a lot of rope.

Yes, but how many of the 100,000 badmouth their alma mater on local radio every chance they get?

yeah, we have no need for notable alumni on a well-known sports station in one of largest markets in the nation.

Sarcasm noted, but you are correct. We don't have a need for a notable alumni, that badmouths his alma mater, on a well-known sports station in one fo the largest markets in the nation. He will always be an "OU Wanna Be" and nothing more.

• Upvote 1

He will always be an "OU Wanna Be" and nothing more.

I'm of the opinion that it's not all that surprising some alums from that era had a rooting interest in other programs. We were in Div 1AA for about a decade and that's a really good way to get ANY fan to jump ship. I think he's a douchebag for many reasons not limited to his affinity for OU, but I'd have no problem with him rooting for, or speaking fondly of (or fondling) his alma mater. I think a lot of the NT/OU stuff is a bit to get at Dunham, but who knows...

Doesnt matter. We have PLENTY of alumni support as is... the last thing we need is some Johnny-come-lately bandwagon fans.

Not true. This is the type of thinking that keeps NT disconnected with alumni and the statement is absurd. We need a fan anyway they come.

Then we're going to need to upgrade the bathrooms. I'd suggest adding a bidet. And one of those guys who gives you fresh towels and cologne and puts out the tip tray.

Don't go overboard - it's mostly fake money. Just give them scented towels and make the place look like marble.

PS: People of Southlake, please give us your fake money.

Jub is such greatness...now an upset win over OU and maybe Junior comes back around on his alma mater.

Doubtful that it would bring him back.

I'll take the upset...they can keep Miller.

I want anyone that wants to support us, especially those in the media. If you think Miller would not be good for UNT you are crazy.

By the way, many of you that are bashing Craig might want to email him and ask him "seriously" why he is against his alma mater - it might surprise many of you. Craig's a good guy, and though I am not on board with the way he talks about it, it is his opinion (as many of us have ours) and it is based on many issues, which believe it or not, many, many alums of UNT have (they just are not all on the radio broadcasting them).

I am curious. For those of you who say we don't need Craig Miller as an alumni; what do you say to the thousands of alumni who have shunned UNT? Is it just because he has a radio show? Well, what about all those anonymous alumni who dissed UNT on national TV every time they left empty seats at Fouts?

Several years ago when, on National TV, Joe Greene publiclly distanced from the university (they interviewed him during halftime of a NFL game, when we went to the NO bowl as a 5-6 team)? Did we all say that we no longer need him as an alumni? Because if your "logic" is applied equally, you should be just as bitter towards Mean Joe Greene also.

I can't imagine us ever having too many fans or alumni. And if there are any out there who question UNT's commitment to athletics, they should be answered. And I believe that the University has finally decided to do so. But for some, they will have to be shown that we haven't hired someone who is content to be a nice mid-major who is just honored to be on the same field with UT. Most all of us believe that TD is the person to make that happen, but we don't have any proof....not yet. But I think we will soon.

I am curious. For those of you who say we don't need Craig Miller as an alumni;

Is it just because he has a radio show?

No, it is because of what he says on his radio show. If he wants to be aloof as an alum, fine, no problem. I wish he would give it another try but it's his loss . However, to use his position on radio to continually belittle UNT then I do have a problem with him.

It seems as though he was really involved with the school when he was a student and even a few years after he graduated. Obviously there was some kind of gap that was created between the university and junior. I've heard and talked to SEVERAL alums and they said the university's worst characteristics is the fact they really do a terrible job in keeping all past alumni involved, in tuned and etc. Plus with many past bad administrations this university has had I think that is why many alums is so distant to the university and even other alums out there.

When I have heard junior I havent personally heard him attack UNT, its more been like he says we are what we are. Is he someone we can definitely use as a building block for this unversity? HELL YES!!!! Anyone who thinks otherwise is really being closed minded about this. We need junior and anybody out there willing to support UNT, not just from a monetary aspect from but a fan aspect as well. I do know junior did grow up as an OU fan in Oklahoma and maybe it was ingrained so much in him that he never get it out of him which is understandable because after all it is OU.

We wanna bash junior because he's the one we probably hear several mornings and etc etc...but to be frank and honest with you, that is the reality of what the Mean Green nation and all of the students, alums and etc is right now. Instead of bashing him back, maybe we can identify why he's so distant and slowly slowly bring him back to full support of UNT.

Edited by Green Mean