Black Uniforms

unt-mean-green-black-jersey.jpg

This paricular jersey sported by Evan Robertson...yes...this is simply a practice jersey...and was used not as means of style but rather a classless message from DD. But how about an actuall black 3rd uniform? Is the stigma of the black jersey to engrained now to be accepted? With the new lighter green as the trim to a white number...this could look pretty clean.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The black uniforms were an embarrassment to the school. They were intended to be. When DD was fired, he should have been replaced.

Hindsight.

Glory to the Green. Glory to the White. The song doesn't mention an accent color.

And as far as his legacy, as far as I'm concerned, DD trumped his own positive performance by his negative performance.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

PS...I bought my OU and SMU tickets today at 8:00am. Yippee

Would Cowboy fans and Jerry Jones mind if the coach sent the team out in black practice jerseys for a home game? FSU has a black game jersey and it just doesn't look right. Southlake had black pants with their green/white combo jerseys and they looked sharp. But the stunt DD pulled was a slap at the school, AD, and fans.

Florida State's black jerseys......

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3D10%26hl%3Den

:(

---They were awful..... they were meant to send an insulting message to North Texas and they did not even have the university name on them... They were not game quality uniforms... Now that the practice field is going to be named for him I hope he is having second thoughts about his classless decision....

---Every coach knows they are not hired for life... even Landry with his outstanding NFL record and 5 Super Bowl appearances was released from his position...DD did not even have a winning record at NT and had won only 5 game in two years in a less than outstanding conference. It should have not come as any surprise.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

An alternate black jersey could work if it's the mirror of the green and white versions, just with white numbers and green trim. The Desperados wore blue jerseys for their first 5 seasons before switching to a differently-patterned black jersey. At first I was iffy, but now it's grown on me. I'd rather have the blue version of their white jersey, but the black isn't that bad. Same thing here. I'd like them to stick with the green and white versions, but a Parent's Weekend or Senior Day alternate black jersey wouldn't be bad. Again, if it was the mirror of the regular versions, like the black basketball uniforms from last season.

Maybe it just because I'm an old fart, but I really prefer college teams stick with their school colors with white added when it isn't a school color. Some occasional use of other colors as a highlight or trim is sometimes needed but I really think helmets and primary jersey or pant colors should be school colors or white.

I hated it when ASU used silver pants, I wasn't so turned off years ago when we had gray pants but it wasn't as good.

UALR may be the worst offender in the Sun Belt, seeing their uniforms you would think the colors are maroon and gold, but it is actually maroon and silver.

Caveat here.

Unlike the marketing gurus who believe in change, I am a fuddy-duddy who believes there is value in taking your son to a game and the uniforms being substantially similar to the uniforms when your Dad took you.

Unlike the marketing gurus who believe in change, I am a fuddy-duddy who believes there is value in taking your son to a game and the uniforms being substantially similar to the uniforms when your Dad took you.

Based on my observations here, I think that there are a few people on this board that agree with you. Heck, I think there are some people here that are still upset about the Dallas Cowboys adding silver to their uniforms. :D

unt-mean-green-black-jersey.jpg

This paricular jersey sported by Evan Robertson...yes...this is simply a practice jersey...and was used not as means of style but rather a classless message from DD. But how about an actuall black 3rd uniform? Is the stigma of the black jersey to engrained now to be accepted? With the new lighter green as the trim to a white number...this could look pretty clean.

As if the all black Florida State uniforms weren't bad enough, we needed to go out and do it? You can't be serious. Lifer said it best - we are green and white, not black. I would pissed as all get out if my Hogs came out in all black.