Black Uniforms

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black uniforms in general I do not have a problem with.

The black uniform shown in the picture (Dickey's last home game basicaly fliping everyone off) are a problem. No NCAA patch, no UNT patch, and no supplier/maker logo patch. I am suprised NT didn't get fined by the NCAA or a gripe letter from New Balance.

I would like to see NT wear the RIGHT balck uniforms.

So even though we have worn white helmets before, it is worse than wearing all black (which is not in our history except the DD middle finger game) because it's the same helmet color as UT? I'm trying to follow your "logic".

When I say all black, I'm NOT thinking of the DD $1.99 practice jerseys. Look at the BB team's black uniforms with the nice green trim. Now that's a nice black uniform and that is what I'm talking about.

I don't think, IMHO, that there is a right black uniform when your school colors are green and white. :o

every athletic program has an alternate jersey.. If north texas is going to have one, then black would be the best way to go.. I'd rather it be black then a pink one..

..."cheer for the GREEN and WHITE".....

The team being in black uniforms once or twice a season won't change that. ESPN won't call them the "Mean Black". The black jerseys were done before Dickey (as we've seen proof of that) and it won't kill anyone if the team gets really nicely done uniforms in black. As long as the team uses their usual uniforms for most of the year, it's fine by me and it shouldn't be causing a big stir.

North Texas? When?

Page 2 of this thread. Looks like it was even during the Flying Worm era.

I do like the pants. 3 stripes - 2 black stripes and a thicker green stripe in the middle. I'd also like a green pants variant with three white stripes to go with our away uniforms.

Edited by UNTFan23

I heard from someone that the new uniforms are awesome. He said the helmets have stripes on them...but the negative is that they still have 'north texas' on them. He said the jerseys were awesome looking with the under armor flashiness that you see on other under armor schools. He said they have 3 different colors of pants: green, white, and black pants, and that they have stripes going down the side of them. I think everyone will be impressed with the new look. He said that having under armor sponsor us has also helped in the recruiting. Not sure if this is 100% accurate but it's a pretty trustworthy source, so this is what I'll be expecting in Norman.

I heard from someone that the new uniforms are awesome. He said the helmets have stripes on them...but the negative is that they still have 'north texas' on them.

I don't mind "North Texas" on the helmet, but we have a decent eagle logo now, why not use it?

DivingEagle.gif

Edited by UNTflyer

I heard from someone that the new uniforms are awesome. He said the helmets have stripes on them...but the negative is that they still have 'north texas' on them. He said the jerseys were awesome looking with the under armor flashiness that you see on other under armor schools. He said they have 3 different colors of pants: green, white, and black pants, and that they have stripes going down the side of them. I think everyone will be impressed with the new look. He said that having under armor sponsor us has also helped in the recruiting. Not sure if this is 100% accurate but it's a pretty trustworthy source, so this is what I'll be expecting in Norman.

If you're wrong I'm sending a lynch mob (pitchforks and all) after you.

Not using any green in the uniform was a big mistake. Those all black jersies looked like someones practice gear. The black would have been cool if they would have worked the green in the outlines and piping, imo. Both the jersy's and the pants needed a lot of work but they could have possibley worked. Similar to what TT does with their black AND Under Armor does a nice job of design.

I went to many, almost all, of the games during the Flying Worm era and don't ever recall black jerseys. These have to be a dark, dark green. Anyone else from that era remember NT wearing black.

Those are dark green jerseys, just looks black on that particular schedule card. Note the similar color in the helmet stripe, it too is a dark green.