Todd Dodge

I was talking with some people about what TD is going to be thinking about before his first game. When he walks out onto the gigantic OU stadium with his newly formed Mean Green to face the Big XII champions. Sure sure he coached here before...but in the 90's and sure he played for UT...but lets face it football has changed enormously since then. Will he be nervous? Will he be scared? What will be going through his mind?

What will be going through his mind?

Beating Oklahoma!

I think Coach Dodge will have the team prepared to block out the mental aspects of playing at OU. Then it's all about execution. He seems like a patient person when teaching his system. I'm sure he understands the daunting task of playing the Sooners, but as a former Longhorn, nothing would give him more pleasure as a coach than to go into Norman and sneak out a victory.

He'll just want his team to play hard, smart, and fair.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

The last thing we have to worry about is this coach being afraid or scared of the Sooners. Certainly not timid. I think Dodge should use this as an opportunity to show the world that we mean business, and a win in this - his first game as a college coach - would skyrocket our growth progress. I hope that's the case.

The only team with something to lose are the Sooners. They're supposed to win, and will know next to nothing about what we'll be bringing to the table. The first game of the season is always the best time for an upset, and this would be grand.

I find it humorous to think that Stoops and Co. are sorting through high school film right now, scouting those Carroll Dragons. He probably went so far as to get tape of those Dodge-led UNT offenses in the early '90s.

I find it humorous to think that Stoops and Co. are sorting through high school film right now, scouting those Carroll Dragons. He probably went so far as to get tape of those Dodge-led UNT offenses in the early '90s.

That is a very funny thought. I wonder if Stoops would atually prepare like that though? I would think he's not preparing paricularly for us, but he's probably focusing more on playing their own game instead of gameplanning around us. Stoops is a good enough coach to make adjustments if he needs to.

"They'll never expect the Statue of Liberty twice in a row........"

Priceless.... Hey, but if Boise can do it, then so can we!!! Actually let's fake the Statue of Liberty and then pitch a late screen pass. ;)

Hey look! The OU guys are talking about us!

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95183

It looks a lot like their thread from last year on Boise State. Eh, what can you expect from a school that buys all of its players.

Ouch! What a sobering and humbling reminder of what the rest of the nation thinks of UNT.

Hey look! The OU guys are talking about us!

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95183

It looks a lot like their thread from last year on Boise State. Eh, what can you expect from a school that buys all of its players.

Maybe Zero-U will finally be on probation when we play them. Nah, they have the NCAA paid off too. I'm going to go watch the Boise game again... :lol:

Until we win, all we are to them is fancy bark and no bite. We know our odds, but I expect a different attitude when we step onto the field on September 1. That's all I ask for now. With some success down the road, I like to think UNT will be stealing some UT recruits regularly and using them to change the tide on the Sooners one day.

Comparing our spread offense to Leach's system at Tech is a little ignorant. Likening it to Mizzu's would be more accurate, but I'm really hoping Dodge teaches his own offense better than Daniel and the Tigers. I also would like to admit that I'm wearing the green goggles, thus my own optimism about Mendoza and the defense. I hope they (UNT defense) prove me right.

The comment I made about Stoops studying Carroll film was only meant humorously. Let them spin it however they want.