North Texas' Mount Rushmore

DeepGreen

I saw this topic on another board and thought it would spur some good conversation. "Who are the four faces that would represent your university's football history?"

Joe Green

Burkley Harkless

Brad Kassell

Steve Ramsey

Throw in Jordan Case. I'm buying a car from him next week and I'd like a nice deal. :)

It would be hard to say that Abner Haynes shouldn't be there. I might even add one of our more recent QB's like Scott Hall or Mitch Maher (I see ya down there). Also, I'm going to have to run and hide after I say this, but twenty years from now after the dust settles some people might say that DD belongs there. He did happen to be at the helm when we stuffed our trophy case. Bye bye.

My four would likely be:

Abner Haynes

Joe Greene

Steve Ramsey

Booger Kennedy

I think you have it. There are many others that are close but I can't disagree with those 4 at all. HM goes to Ron Shanklin, Cedric Hardman, Mitch Maher, Scott Hill, Brad Kassell, Walter Chapman, Scott Davis, Glen Holloway, Leonard Dunlap, Burks Washington, and Jamario Thomas.

I was scrolling down becoming livid until the previous post...if something like this is going to happen Hayden Fry HAS to be included...Give me Hayden Fry, Joe Greene, Abner Hayes and the face of our bowl streak the great Booger Kennedy...perhaps saving a little bit of room to the right of Booger for Villereal's face here in 20 years once he's built us into a nationally repsected program.

Oh...and George Dunham hovering above all of them like some omnipotent diety.

Well, people, we are blessed. There are MANY, difficult and agonizing choices to get this down to four faces. Our Rushmore would HAVE to have more. We can easily come up with four deserving faces and four more equally deserving faces...or six...or eight. This is too hard for me to tackle sober...I'll have to sacrifice several Shiners before I can even think about it. Maybe grill up some fajitas to go with it. Ya'll have a GREAT Memorial Day and please remember the reason for this holiday.

Vic Trilli

Darrell Dickey

Ramon Flanigan

Craig Helwig

4 shining beacons of North Texas pride.

IT'S A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN !

Could be the name of the 4 porta potties that would be at the bottom of the mountain!! :lol:

Fry, Mean Joe, Booger & Abner

If JQ had 4 years under TDs system, Id say that he would not only be on NT's Mount Rushmore , but in the College Football Hall of Fame.

I'd add the starting quarterback (Ken Washington) ahead of Jordan Case since he was better.

Ken Washington got us a lot of publicity (mainly because he was the brother of Joe Washington), but he was very overrated as a QB.

All time passing efficiency

1. Scott Hall, 132.26 (four year starter)

2. Mitch Maher, 128.56 (four year starter)

3. Scoptt Davis, 126.44 (four year starter)

4. Steve Ramsey, 116.16 (three year starter)

5. Jordan Case, 111.61 (two year starter)

6. Ken Washington, 105.01 (four year starter)

Passing yards

#7 Ken Washington, 3040 (over four years as a starter)

#9 Jordan Case, 2608 (over two years as a starter)

Completion Percentage

1. Jordan Case, .616 ( 218-354)

Ken Washington.....not listed in the top 6.

FWIW, I'd take Jordan Case's backup, Joe Stevenson, over Ken Washington any day.....and twice on Saturdays. I'd also take the guys who filled in for Ken Washington (Ken Smith & Glen Ray) when he was hurt in 75 & 76, over him.