Breaking News-----stadium News------

UNT_playmaker

I have a hunch that we might hear some big news the night of the banquet. Several reasons.

The big donors were honored days before the banquet date

Dodge has been getting some high profile recruits Looks like he carrying around the stadium plans with him to recruits

The banquet is the biggest event in the football offseason where it would make sense to release this information

It feels has if specific people were made aware of the new stadium plans, and some donors have been silent

I also received a PM from a GMG member who said he knows of a donor that has been talking with RV recently and that he was VERY IMPRESSED by what he saw in the stadium plan presented to him. He said that the donor was told by RV and staff that the stadium was apparently moving at a ASAP stage and things were ready to take off

I known we keep hearing that Big News about the stadium was coming in the Spring, but it might really be just around the corner. Also several recruits have talk about the new stadium and one of them leaked that it would be completed in 2009.

If we were to break ground this spring, Would it be possible to open a 45,000 seat stadium in August 2009

For the naysayers if anyone would like to receive a copy of the message I received, PM me and I'll forward it to you or might just post it on the board, if their are alot of people intersted.

GO MEAN GREEN

Actually I posted it sometime last year. The reason I posted it in the first place was so that some information would be released, because it was long overdue since that awful video presentation in 2004.

Some positive news about the stadium haspopped up, RV cant hold it in for that much longer. Im just worried the stadium ground breaking wont be till 2009 and the new opening date would in 2012 against or new conference rival Texas State :ph34r:

This is great news.

:o

You do realize that this is not actually "news"? This is just speculation that there could be news. We could be totally wrong about this. He could come out and talk about how great the weather has been and how it would really be neat to have a stadium by 2009 - if we had enough money.

Edited by Stan R

This is great news.

I do know that the 1st phase of the stadium will only hold around 30K and the 2nd phase will take it to completion. They can complete 30K by 2009.

:o

I'm not so sure we want any particular phases. I think its better to build it all at once just so it can be done with. Thats just my opinion tho.

I'm not so sure we want any particular phases. I think its better to build it all at once just so it can be done with. Thats just my opinion tho.

Absoutely you dont want rising costs in the future and further delays. you build what you want at the beginning. Expansion now a days cost more than the original stadium.

45 to 50K anything less is unacceptable

it will no way no how be a 30k stadium, that is what we have now. if thats the case whats the point in building.

I was thinking this same thing. Sounds like there is enough smoke to be fire. We'll find out soon enough. If you're telling me breaking ground in 2009 that would be fine with me. I don't think it would take 3 years to build a 45K seat stadium. Maybe 18 months. Exiting times...

How long did it take for SMU to have Ford Stadium built.....in a land-locked location. Rice/Eccles Stadium (Salt Lake City) was built in one year, in a land-locked location in a city that has real winters.

The proposed location for our stadium is not land-locked and construction would be pretty unencumbered. A little over a year at the most.

The Cowboy's new stadium is going to be complete by 2009 and that is what, 90k?

And it's going to have a retractable roof... 2009 is very do-able depending on when they break ground / secure funding.

My guess is it would take around a year to complete.

Edited by MeanMag

it will no way no how be a 30k stadium, that is what we have now. if thats the case whats the point in building.

Because dear old Fouts Field is a freakin' dump. Miserable sight lines, uncomfortable seating, poor amenities. It stinks on ice, and its probably better now than it has ever been. You should have seen it twenty and thirty years ago, when the urinals in the men's room were simply the concrete wall with a low trench at the bottom. That's right, we used to just piss against the wall. Remember the cover of The Who's album, "Who's Next?" Same thing.

Don't you think it would help recruiting to bring kids to a 30,000-seat stadium like SMU's as opposed to a 30,000-seat stadium like Fouts?

And there is reason to plan for multiple phases. I'm not sure, but I think that's what Kansas State did. I believe that, as the program grew and their fan base grew, they added to it.

The Cowboy's new stadium is going to be complete by 2009 and that is what, 90k?

And it's going to have a retractable roof... 2009 is very do-able depending on when they break ground / secure funding.

My guess is it would take around a year to complete.

THE MAIN THING IS " WHEN THEY BREAK GROUND "

UNT is very good at finishing projects once the dirt turns. Look at Victory Hall, the AC, and especially the new Health Center, damn that was quick.

There is also 3 new dorms going up and plans for a new dorm behind Maple Hall, and hopefully finally a new business bldg

Because dear old Fouts Field is a freakin' dump. Miserable sight lines, uncomfortable seating, poor amenities. It stinks on ice, and its probably better now than it has ever been. You should have seen it twenty and thirty years ago, when the urinals in the men's room were simply the concrete wall with a low trench at the bottom. That's right, we used to just piss against the wall. Remember the cover of The Who's album, "Who's Next?" Same thing.

Don't you think it would help recruiting to bring kids to a 30,000-seat stadium like SMU's as opposed to a 30,000-seat stadium like Fouts?

And there is reason to plan for multiple phases. I'm not sure, but I think that's what Kansas State did. I believe that, as the program grew and their fan base grew, they added to it.

No doubt you are right on KSU but havent they always been in an elite conference and have had the resources for funding unlike NT? I wouldnt mind the phases if we were smu, ut, baylor etc. They can and would expand but in our situation I dont know if I wanna take that risk and 10 yrs down the line we still are not expanding if its needed. Tho I love SMU's new stadium I think we should definitely strive higher than SMU in that regard...at this point I think we can most agree that we are below SMU overall...building a mother of god stadium compared to theirs would be a blow to SMU and I think would take us to a next level past SMU IMHO.