Did Caris Ever Thank Us For Winning The Athlonsports.com Poll

UNT_playmaker

I was wondering if anyone knew if Caris had posted a message on GMG.com to thank all of us for our overwhleming support for her to win the Athlonsports.com magazine photo session and awards given to the cheerleading department.

I remember someone posted that she was fully aware of all that GMG has done in the voting process and that she would post a message to thank us if she won or loss.

Considering that GMG was responsbile for, I dont know 97% of her votes, I surely hope that she posted a message on the board, or even one from a representative from the cheerleading dept would have been nice.

I was happy to see her win and I was among many who voted constantly for her to win. Just curious to see if anyone knows anything....

Guest JohnDenver

You don't do favors for the accolades and appreciation.

You do it because it is the right thing to do.

She says her hometown voted a lot as well. Maybe they were the pushing factor?

97%..??

I am sure West-Texas (and HS friends) gave her quite a bit of support... I fact I guess I am both, West-Texas and GMG.

I suspect that a lot of school friends chipped in votes as well.

No doubt we did did make a big difference but I doubt 97%.

She may not even know that we exist or that a lot us gave her a lot of votes.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I was wondering if anyone knew if Caris had posted a message on GMG.com to thank all of us for our overwhleming support for her to win the Athlonsports.com magazine photo session and awards given to the cheerleading department.

I remember someone posted that she was fully aware of all that GMG has done in the voting process and that she would post a message to thank us if she won or loss.

Considering that GMG was responsbile for, I dont know 97% of her votes, I surely hope that she posted a message on the board, or even one from a representative from the cheerleading dept would have been nice.

I was happy to see her win and I was among many who voted constantly for her to win. Just curious to see if anyone knows anything....

Damn man, why do you always have to keep stuff stirred up. If you look back I know she thanked GMG.com in at least 1 interview maybe 2, not to mention it was on the UNT front page for a couple days. She may not have personally come on the board and thanked us (there was also a facebook group voting for her so the votes weren't all us though I am sure we were a large part) but she definitely publicly thanked GMG.com and got the board some good publicity. I wish we could see the numbers to how many new visitors we had while that story was us vs. our usual hits.

(I also was one that voted constantly for her as her winning is great for her and the university, but you/we shouldn't do stuff like that for recognition but more because its the right thing to do and it helps build the universities image.)

Damn man, why do you always have to keep stuff stirred up. If you look back I know she thanked GMG.com in at least 1 interview maybe 2, not to mention it was on the UNT front page for a couple days. She may not have personally come on the board and thanked us (there was also a facebook group voting for her so the votes weren't all us though I am sure we were a large part) but she definitely publicly thanked GMG.com and got the board some good publicity. I wish we could see the numbers to how many new visitors we had while that story was us vs. our usual hits.

(I also was one that voted constantly for her as her winning is great for her and the university, but you/we shouldn't do stuff like that for recognition but more because its the right thing to do and it helps build the universities image.)

His posts have helped me discover the "block poster" button. It helps.

My girlfriend is on the dance ;) team with Caris and said that she was fully aware of the support GMG.com gave her and that Caris even tried to post on the forum, but she wasn't able to (I think the whole registration thing scared her off haha...as it does with a lot of the guests around here [REGISTER!!!]).

So, yes, she definitely appreciates the time spent by everyone on the board who voted for her.

My girlfriend is on the dance ;) team with Caris and said that she was fully aware of the support GMG.com gave her and that Caris even tried to post on the forum, but she wasn't able to (I think the whole registration thing scared her off haha...as it does with a lot of the guests around here [REGISTER!!!]).

So, yes, she definitely appreciates the time spent by everyone on the board who voted for her.

Sweet.....

Caris even tried to post on the forum, but she wasn't able to (I think the whole registration thing scared her off haha...as it does with a lot of the guests around here [REGISTER!!!]).

This is the case.

She shot me a reply to a Facebook msg I sent her telling her about the 8 page thread we had going about us voting for her. She said she tried to get on to thank everyone but the registration stuff gave her problems.

Edited by JayDub

I hear RV promised to have her post a thank you when he announces the new stadium fund.....

That should keep you busy for a week.

:stupid:

Personal attack on scoreboard keeper ... -5

total = -8

You forgot:

Personal attack on Someone Who Survived the Great MTSU Road Trip Debacle of 2002 ... -12

total = -20

Everyone who was in one of the minivans of deaths should get a free t-shirt or something.

BTW Sean, I think your title is the last remaining one from that road trip.

You forgot:

Personal attack on Someone Who Survived the Great MTSU Road Trip Debacle of 2002 ... -12

total = -20

Everyone who was in one of the minivans of deaths should get a free t-shirt or something.

BTW Sean, I think your title is the last remaining one from that road trip.

Why give out the secret? Makes me look like a NASCAR driver. B)

total = -20

I was just telling the legend of that trip to someone in my office earlier today. Worst weekend of my life.