What Do You Do For A Livin'?

JayDub

I was reading some article last night about how, in many countries, it is considered disrespectful to ask someone what their job is. Me being the really respectful guy that I am, deciding it would make for some interesting reading and a great way for us to know who each other are & network a little...I ask you the following question:

"What do you do for a livin'?"

Let's hear it.

Edited by JayDub

What a rude question. B)

Hey, cut me some slack...I'm bored at work. Speaking of...

I'm an Aircraft Dispatcher for SkyWest Airlines, a regional airline headquartered in southern Utah. We fly over 1600 flights a day in turboprops and 50-70 seat regional jets for United, Delta, and...coming in April...Midwest Airlines.

Everyone, including my mother, thinks I'm an Air Traffic Controller. I assure you and the rest of the flying public that I'm not. ;)

Edited by JayDub

Everyone, including my mother, thinks I'm an Air Traffic Controller. I assure you and the rest of the flying public that I'm not. ;)

Oh thank god. :ermm::P

I am a security officer. I get the priviledge of patrolling the greatest of areas, the ghetto. Im currently patrolling an area in Southeast Ft Worth.

I was reading some article last night about how, in many countries, it is considered disrespectful to ask someone what their job is. Me being the really respectful guy that I am, deciding it would make for some interesting reading and a great way for us to know who each other are & network a little...I ask you the following question:

"What do you do for a livin'?"

Let's hear it.

I am the Executive Director of the Children's Advocacy Center for Denton County. I never log on from work...lol. (I took the day off today as I have a new grand child being born). Okay, enough disclaimers. Visit our website at www.cacdc.org to learn what we do. My contact information can be found on the website.

Rick, thanks a million for the in-kind donations for our golf tournament through Mr. and Mrs. O. I just realized the connection. Thanks!

I am a freelance photojounalist and dad. I got to be self employed when the DMN bought and shut down the Dallas Times Herald where I was a staff photographer for my first 8 years after NT. I am a contrant photographer for USA Today where if you buy enough of them you will find my by-line.

Oh, got my training on the NT Daily for 5 semesters in 80 or 81.

shutter

Print Project Manager for a large private company in Irving..... Advertising/Marketing background. I also post from work.. till IT decides to block the site. <_<