Todd Dodge-"The Only Choice!"

Eagle Man

This will be our last chance to see UNT reach the level of college football that up until now we could only dream about. We are talking top 15 and better in three years if we hire Coach Dodge.

There will be no more opportunities for UNT. It comes down to this one very important decision. Make the wrong one and its over for good. I promise you that SMU and TCU and others are bitting their nails right now hoping we screw up just one more time.

Todd Dodge knows Denton and he knows UNT. He COACHED here!

He needs a D1A coaching position where he can continue to coach his son and we need a headcoach who knows how to win with excitement.

Coach Dodge would be with us for 5 years, six if he redshirts his son.

He will build us a new stadium at Mean Green Village and then he will pack it down, shake it until it overflows with fans.

He will make the Mean Green a household name nationwide.

We will have our best recruiting year ever, up to this point, in 2007.

We will have a winning record next year. We will win the SBC. We will win the bowl game.

We will win OOC games next year.

We will average over 25,000 fans per game next year.

Todd Dodge will elevate the SBC in stature and prestige.

Coach Dodge will position UNT to form or join another conference should we deem that necessary.

WE NEED TODD DODGE!

Don't screw this up.

I think that the job has already been decided.  I think RV knows who he is going to hire and that is the reason there is NO search committee.  I heard a name this morning of who it will be, and I can tell you if it is this person, no one on this board will like it.

Nix? If it is Nix then it's over for UNT. It would take years just to see if he could build a top tier program and we don't have that kind of time. RV would be long gone and what few fans remain would be left scratching their heads and wondering what the hell happened. SMU and TCU will breathe a sigh of relief if that happens. But ya know, we have been cursed for a long time so it won't surprise me if our people stumble all over themselves and screw this up, wasting 500,000 dollars and one perfect opportunity.

With Dodge we move five steps ahead of where we are today even before he steps on the field this spring.

Edited by Eagle Man

Nix? If it is Nix then it's over for UNT.  It would take years just to see if he could build a top tier program and we don't have that kind of time. RV would be long gone and what few fans remain would be left scratching their heads and wondering what the hell happened. SMU and TCU will breathe a sigh of relief if that happens. But ya know, we have been cursed for a long time so it won't surprise me if our people stumble all over themselves and screw this up, wasting 500,000 dollars and one perfect opportunity.

With Dodge we move five steps ahead of where we are today even before he steps on the field this spring.

It is not Tyrone Nix. It is the current, TE's coach at SM now.

But who are we going to elect Prom Princess?

This is a joke. We don't vote in coaches. And this isn't our "only chance."

Let the AD do his job. Does anyone on this board really question RV's judgement?

Let's take a look at RV shall we. He shows up assess the situation and starts making changes. Boom, tail gating. DD doesn't produce, he puts him on notice. Boom, 4 conference championships. DD slumps in 2005, RV puts him on notice. DD doesn' deliever in 06, boom new coach.

So why can't we all sit back and just acknowledge the fact that RV knows what he's doing.

This is a joke.  We don't vote in coaches.  And this isn't our "only chance."

Let the AD do his job.  Does anyone on this board really question RV's judgement?

Let's take a look at RV shall we.  He shows up assess the situation and starts making changes.  Boom, tail gating.  DD doesn't produce, he puts him on notice.  Boom, 4 conference championships.  DD slumps in 2005, RV puts him on notice.  DD doesn' deliever in 06, boom new coach.

So why can't we all sit back and just acknowledge the fact that RV knows what he's doing.

Sit back if thats what you would like to do. The rest of us may assert what we want as long as it meets the forum rules, right? If we couldn't then whats the use of this forum?

Edited by Eagle Man

This is a joke.  We don't vote in coaches.  And this isn't our "only chance."

Let the AD do his job.  Does anyone on this board really question RV's judgement?

Let's take a look at RV shall we.  He shows up assess the situation and starts making changes.  Boom, tail gating.  DD doesn't produce, he puts him on notice.  Boom, 4 conference championships.  DD slumps in 2005, RV puts him on notice.  DD doesn' deliever in 06, boom new coach.

One quote from shaft that I actually agree with. On the TE coach at USM - unless I hear more information regarding the source for that - I'm calling BS.

One quote from shaft that I actually agree with.  On the TE coach at USM - unless I hear more information regarding the source for that - I'm calling BS.

Stan - I seriously hope the source is either wrong or as not a stong canidate as they were lead to believe - a hire of this guy would be devistating. That being said, I do believe that RV will probably hire someone that he is either friends or buds with. Hope I am wrong.

Stan - I seriously hope the source is either wrong or as not a stong canidate as they were lead to believe - a hire of this guy would be devistating.  That being said, I do believe that RV will probably hire someone that he is either friends or buds with.  Hope I am wrong.

If that happens, it will be as bad if not worse than the DD/Bobby Ray deal.

Wait a second now. The guy with 28 years college coaching experience would be a “disaster,” but the guy who has virtually no college background at all would be the best of all possible worlds?

The point was that it is hard to fire a buddy so if he is hired and sucks, RV will have to be let go before this guy will be.

The point was that it is hard to fire a buddy so if he is hired and sucks, RV will have to be let go before this guy will be.

If whomever is hired sucks in his 4th season, RV should be fired! I expect at least two years a losing record, roughly even in the 3rd and we should be winning in the 4th. It’s how teams are built.

If the coach can’t do that, they should be let go.

This will be our last chance to see UNT reach the level of college football that up until now we could only dream about. We are talking top 15 and better in three years if we hire Coach Dodge.

You sound like his publicist. You could mix together the attributes of the best high school footbal coaches in world history and not come up with one who could turn UNT into a top 15 program in three years. Stop bogarting the bong.

Your next head coach is not coming from USM. The only coach on our staff that has head coaching potential is Jay Hopson, our defensive coordinator, but he is a few years off from being ready. No way Randy Butler is head coaching material. Nice guy, good coach, but not a head coach.

Nix wouldn't leave South Carolina for the UNT job. Good luck in your search. Dodge sounds like a good hire to me.

that USM guy looks like a debate coach.

I was actually thiinking that I may have to root for SMU to win one of their next two games so that they will go to a bowl and not have a reason to clean house. Because if given the choice I would think Dodge would take SMU over us. Geez, wouldnt that be the ultimate in irony, that our victory over SMU could actually screw us out of the Dodge.

I think I am going to be sick.