Will you be going to the FAU game ?

NT03

FWIW, UNT's dynamic enrollment growth along with Denton and Denton County (and almost a 6 million DFW population 1 hour from Fouts Field) probably insures for UNT a base of fans that not even Quasi Moto could run off as the HFC at UNT and our having such a population-base where we should never have another one of those infamous "pull the plug" type crowds that that famous photo put on this board which looked like that it was only the stadium ushers who showed for that NMSU game in, uh, Darrell Dickey's rolleyes.gif first year as NT coach. sad.gif

Nevertheless, there are many (already--just look at empty seats, folks unsure.gif ) who have vowed to never support another DD-coached football game and will not until he is no longer the coach at our alma mater. And until some of our leaders start acting like leaders as those from the other 118 NCAA D1-A schools would act like in giving their large majority of fan bases football programs whose trends show that there is noticeabled improvement and because of it their respective football programs will be moving up the NCAA D1-A football ladder. Few from UNT can say that is hardly the case of us.

And sorry, Coach Dickey. UNT merely beating a handful of schools in the first few years in a thrown-together league of several schools just out of 1-AA schools is not going to do it for most of the Mean Green fan base any longer. And that even means just winning SBC championships unless...............thats done with an SBC championship football team that (is at least) ranked in the Top 25-30 football schools in 1-A.

Hey, if the MAC can do that with their football champions then what would have been wrong with UNT (who had the advantage of having been back in 1-A much longer than the rest of the SBC); anyway, what would have been wrong with our being the pioneering SBC football champion that raised the stakes for the entire league with at least one of our 4 championship and bowl-appearing teams being ranked in the Top 25?

If UNT is not shooting for Top 25 and settling for beating our "sister" schools in key SBC matchups and those that have yet to garner any DFW, regional or national respect, then UNT needs to seriously consider droppinng down a division or probably moreso, just getting out of the college football business altogether because of the way our upper UNT leaders have been runnning that business with low goal accomplishments being just enough to satisfy them, but few others.

Again, Bobby Ray has lost all semblance of unbias concerning Darrell Dickey and should resign his post because of that fact alone and because of all that his lack of being able to make decisions concerning DD that would have already been made at any other major Texas university. sad.gif

People, 9 years of low profile/low expection DD Ball has shown us all that few of us on GMG.com are hardly making "knee jerk" reactionary posts on what those 9 years have shown us all; plus, we are hardly shootin' from the hip with many of our feelings we post about with all this bottom barrell NCAA D1-A football that we have been getting with signs that show no change in sight for even that.

For those of us who've been around the Mean Green scene and around MG football AND BTW...............much longer than Bobby Ray has with the sad (glaring) fact that no one seems to ever remember ever seeing him at NT football games ever until Gov. Perry gave him his BOR appointment at UNT; but let us guarantee off of you young gun alums that we are getting man-handled, molested and raped by our own UNT upper echelon leaders with all this continuance of annual bad coaching and bad recruiting in low places with 1 or 2 from our UNT community who will continue to make us the laughing-stock of the almighty sovereign state of Texas if they are allowed to continue in their roles.

We deserve better...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

FWIW,  UNT's dynamic enrollment growth along with Denton and Denton County (and almost a 6 million DFW population 1 hour from Fouts Field)  probably insures for UNT a base of fans that not even Quasi Moto could run off as the HFC at UNT and our having such a population-base where we should never have another one of those infamous "pull the plug" type crowds that that famous photo put on this board which looked like that it was only the stadium ushers who showed for that NMSU game in, uh, Darrell Dickey's rolleyes.gif  first year as  NT coach. sad.gif

Nevertheless, there are many (already--just look at empty seats, folks unsure.gif ) who have vowed to never support another DD-coached football game and will not until he is no longer the coach at our alma mater.  And until some of our leaders start acting like leaders as those from the other 118 NCAA D1-A schools would act like in giving their large majority of fan bases football programs whose trends show that there is noticeabled improvement and because of it their respective football programs will be moving up the NCAA D1-A football ladder.  Few from UNT can say that is hardly the case of us. 

And sorry, Coach Dickey. UNT merely beating a handful of schools in the first few years in a thrown-together league of several schools just out of 1-AA schools is not going to do it for most of the Mean Green fan base any longer.  And that even means just winning SBC championships unless...............thats done with an SBC championship football team that (is at least) ranked in the Top 25-30 football schools in 1-A. 

Hey, if the MAC can do that with their football champions then what would have been wrong with UNT (who had the advantage of having been back in 1-A much longer than the rest of the SBC);  anyway, what would have been wrong with our being the pioneering SBC football champion that raised the stakes for the entire league with at least one of our 4 championship and bowl-appearing teams being ranked in the Top 25?

If UNT is not shooting for Top 25 and settling for beating our "sister" schools in key SBC matchups and those that have yet to garner any DFW, regional or national respect, then UNT needs to seriously consider droppinng down a division or probably moreso, just getting out of the college football business altogether because of the way our upper UNT leaders have been runnning that business with  low goal accomplishments being just enough to satisfy them, but few others.

Again, Bobby Ray has lost all semblance of unbias concerning Darrell Dickey and should resign his post because of that fact alone and because of all that his lack of being able to make decisions concerning DD that would have already been made at any other major Texas university. sad.gif

People, 9 years of low profile/low expection DD Ball has shown us all that few of us on GMG.com are hardly making "knee jerk" reactionary posts on what those 9 years have shown us all;  plus, we are hardly shootin' from the hip with many of our feelings we post about with all this bottom barrell NCAA D1-A football that we have been getting with signs that show no change in sight for even that.

For those of us who've been around the Mean Green scene and around MG football AND BTW...............much longer than Bobby Ray has with the sad (glaring) fact that no one seems to ever remember ever seeing him at NT football games ever until Gov. Perry gave him his BOR appointment at UNT; but let us guarantee off of you young gun alums that we are getting man-handled, molested and raped by our own UNT upper echelon leaders with all this continuance of annual bad coaching and bad recruiting in low places with 1 or 2 from our UNT community who will continue to make us the laughing-stock of the almighty sovereign state of Texas if they are allowed to continue in their roles. 

We deserve better...

A simple yes or no would suffice. cool.gif

I have given this much thought, but I will not be at the FAU game next week and after 16 years of attending NT football games, I probably won't be back next year unless significant changes are made. I do not believe NT admin. is serious about the direction of the program, so why should any of us support it? Unless the powers that be publicly state that the mid-range goal is to achieve top 25 status, target entrance into CUSA, hire competent staff that WANTS to be here and WIN out of conference games, I will no longer suffer through continued poor recruiting, watching inferior coaching and losing in the worse conference in the country. mad.gif

Fire away.

I have given this much thought, but I will not be at the FAU game next week and after 16 years of attending NT football games, I probably won't be back next year unless significant changes are made. I do not believe NT admin. is serious about the direction of the program, so why should any of us support it?  Unless the powers that be publicly state that the mid-range goal is to achieve top 25 status, target entrance into CUSA, hire competent staff that WANTS to be here and WIN out of conference games, I will no longer suffer through continued poor recruiting, watching inferior coaching and losing in the worse conference in the country.    mad.gif

Fire away.

The logical, pragmatic side of me says that you are and adult and entitled to make this decision with regard to your own money and time.

The flame-baiting, dogpiling side of me says you're a "quitter", "not a realy fan" and should come to the games regardless of incompetent coaching because your kids can play in the fun zone and you too might have "fun" watching us get embarrassed.

I will be attending to see JQuinn play his final game for the Mean Green. It is not JQuinn's fault he is playing for a University that doesn't care about football. JQuinn is one of the hardest workers NT has had and it would not be right to ignore him on Senior Day. I stayed away the last 2 home games, but will attend the FAU game to honor, JQuinn and all of the seniors.