What I saw...

bflan

I've been to many UT/NT games; and lately there has been absolutely nothing to cheer about when watching those games! However, I found myself cheering several times.....much to my surprise and to the dismay of the UT fans around me. (Yes I was the LONE green guy in a sea of Burnt Orange. No...I didn't sit with the NT fans because I had the chance to sit under the shaded overhang and I took it!) Remember....NT was playing the defending National Champs and I was hoping for only a few things.

First....I wanted us to score a touchdown. I figured we might have a chance to do this on a special teams mishap....which darn near happened in the first quarter. We got a gift and couldn't punch it in. Then...blocked field goal. (BTW, the player who blocked it is one away from setting the school record.) I thought our chance was missed.......but we put together a hell of a drive and scored to open the second half. The stadium was STUNNED! The UT fans around me were dead silent!

Second...I wanted us to hold them under 60 points. Sorry to say it, but I thought that would be a decent showing since I knew our defense would be tired as the game went on.

Other things I really liked:

With the first quarter coming to an end....the score was only 7-0! I was amazed.

UT scored at the end of the quarter, but considering the opening drive for an easy TD, I thought the NT's D stepped up. They forced punts?!?! Wow...

With the first half coming to an end, we were down only 21-0. They scored to close the half, but I thought that was very respectable too.

Now....think of it like this (and I choose to!) If we score early on UT's botched punt return and again to open the second half...like we did...AND UT doesn't get that late first half score, then the score is 21-14. Now...I know that is a lot of "would haves and could haves" but what the heck.

I don't think UT looked all that great, actually.....

(By the way, I really like to use the "......")

Later

I've been to many UT/NT games; and lately there has been absolutely nothing to cheer about when watching those games! However, I found myself cheering several times.....much to my surprise and to the dismay of the UT fans around me. (Yes I was the LONE green guy in a sea of Burnt Orange.

Just curious what UT/NT you have seen that NT was less competitive then this year in other than the 0-65 debacle two years ago. All the games were relatively close before DD and his first game against UT a 0-28 loss was a great showing by the NT defense.

Plain and simple... this years team is A LOT better than the team we had last year.  SMU... get ready.

One thing that stuck out to me yesterday than anything else was the push that Ike Thomas was getting........and he did it all day. We went down to see the team into the tunnel after the game and he of course looked dejected but did not appear to be out of shape or tired. I believe he is back and ready to make his mark at NT as Booger did. This is huge for us because if he can continue to stuff the middle it gives us the chance to get the stops that we couldn't last year.

Rick

Believe it our not, I am excited about our offense. Once DD gives the honors over to Woody (he better!), and Woody gets into his groove with our receivers and Jamario, we are going to give everyone hell. SMU PREDICTION: We will spank SMU. I'll make a Tulsa prediction after the SMU game, but I have a gut feeling, I'll say that Tulsa will have it hands full. DISCLAIMER: If Meager returns as starting QB, or DD does the Texas Two (or Three) Step Shuffle in the QB position, then I withdraw every thing I said.

So what exactly from the UT game, gives you that impression?  Sure our Defense might be a little better, but there is nothing on Offense that gives you that impression.

According to Norm, this morning ,UT played the weakess team of any of the top teams this weelemd.

According to Norm, this morning ,UT played the weakess team of any of the top teams this weelemd.

Your first mistake was lsitening to the Ticket. Other than George Dunham, they are all huge Longhorn/Sooner lovers. Many of the guys there come from different schools but suck Longhorn/Sooner balls every chance they get.

Your first mistake was lsitening to the Ticket. Other than George Dunham, they are all huge Longhorn/Sooner lovers. Many of the guys there come from different schools but suck Longhorn/Sooner balls every chance they get.

uhm, he mentioned Norm; and Norm calls it like he sees it. And more likely than not his is correct.

And what is wrong for liking UT, OU, or any other school you may have an affiliation with? Can't someone be a college football fan? Am I wrong for watching the UM/FSU game right now?

uhm, he mentioned Norm; and Norm calls it like he sees it.  And more likely than not his is correct.

And what is wrong for liking UT, OU, or any other school you may have an affiliation with?  Can't someone be a college football fan?  Am I wrong for watching the UM/FSU game right now?

Hey man, I was just bustin' his chops. cool.gif

I've got a lot of respect for Norm and he is usually pretty fair in his assessments.

Nothing wrong with being a college football fan.

I'm Florida St.'s biggest fan tonight, as I've got $50 on them to cover!!

unsure.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

Your first mistake was lsitening to the Ticket. Other than George Dunham, they are all huge Longhorn/Sooner lovers. Many of the guys there come from different schools but suck Longhorn/Sooner  balls every chance they get.

You should listen to the ticket more before you make such a blanket statement of who they root for. For starters, on the morning show, both George and Craig give UNT plenty of props. They both graduated from there and yes Craig is a huge OU fan, but neither of those two root for UT.

Not sure about Norm, but as a previous poster said, he does call it as he sees it.

Bob and Dan are both pretty big Wisconsin fans since that is where they are from. They have become fans of the big 12 and most notably A & M.

Grego is pretty much a TCU homer and Rynes is again an aggie fan.

Since they do broadcast in Dallas, TX and UT is a Texas and Big 12 school, they do give them their props, but also being a Hog fan, I really don't notice that they fall too much to the side of the Ticket.

As for listening to the Ticket, if you want to laugh, the ticket is a great place. If you want more sports you listen to 103.3. If you don't like it, fine, but they do give plenty of props to UNT.