Problem for SMU game attendance?

emmitt01

Yes, some will.

And we all know how bad you hate UT, but that should be one of the best games of the year.  I'll be Tivo'ing it.

Oh I'll be DVR'ing it too. The chance to see us play the ponies and then watch UT lose will make for a great night.

Seriously though, if you're a NT fan shouldn't/wouldn't you forsake everything else? I know that you'll be there but why wouldn't the rest of them?

Oh I'll be DVR'ing it too.  The chance to see us play the ponies and then watch UT lose will make for a great night.

Seriously though, if you're a NT fan shouldn't/wouldn't you forsake everything else?  I know that you'll be there but why wouldn't the rest of them?

Thanks to TIVO and similar machines conflicts should become less of a factor.

If properly marketed, there is a market for 30,000 to show up for the SMU game.  Again, I reiterate, properly marketed.

If we get 30,000 it won't be beacuse of any marketing; it will be because of the disdain of the opponent.

Oh, and how about that future New Stadium field marked off for the AC Cookout to show fans the future of NT Football? Huh? It wasn't ?? dry.gif

Edited by NT80

Does NT even know the meaning of properly marketed?  I think not.

Oh, and how about that future New Stadium field marked off for the AC Cookout to show fans the future of NT Football?  Huh?  It wasn't ??    dry.gif

That does not say much for our university's school of advertising and marketing. You would think someone would do a little better.

I was told yesterday , by a UNT official, that the SMU game was nearly sold out.

I can't help but wonder how many of those are longhorn fans who bought our season tickets so that they could buy UT tickets first, not realizing that the $80 for season tickets is more than the $50 for non-season ticket holders to buy UT tickets. laugh.gif

I was told yesterday , by a UNT official, that the SMU game was nearly sold out.

I'll believe that when I actually see that. ph34r.gif How can they even say that when students have no advanced tickets, just show up with their ID. And that includes over 25,000 tickets which are sold as walkups or non-season tickets. This implies that even before any walkup gameday tickets are sold that all are nearly already presold? NO way.

Seems hard to believe that the SMU game has sold 25,000 tickets. SMU's fan base is about 10-15K per game at home. There will be at most 5,000 SMU fans at the game, don't you think? However, I think UNT will sell 20K eventually, and I expect game day to be high-20s.

A UNT alum colleague of mine said he was skipping the SMU game to watch the UT/OSU game. At least he knew there was a conflict. I was impressed with that.

Seems hard to believe that the SMU game has sold 25,000 tickets.  SMU's fan base is about 10-15K per game at home.  There will be at most 5,000 SMU fans at the game, don't you think?  However, I think UNT will sell 20K eventually, and I expect game day to be high-20s. 

A UNT alum colleague of mine said he was skipping the SMU game to watch the UT/OSU game.  At least he knew there was a conflict.  I was impressed with that.

Maybe I was misread. We have not sold 25,000 tickets to it yet, I don't believe, although it was posted it is a near-sellout. My point was that if we usually sell 5,000 season tickets that by saying it's a near-sellout now that means we have sold close to 25,000 "extra" tickets that are normally available for students, opponents, and mainly walkups. I don't see how they could sell 30,000 tickets already for that game, no way.

I'll believe that when I actually see that.    ph34r.gif   How can they even say that when students have no advanced tickets, just show up with their ID.  And that includes over 25,000 tickets which are sold as walkups or non-season tickets.  This implies that even before any walkup gameday tickets are sold that all are nearly already presold?  NO way.

UNT vs SMU? Come on now, folks, if the first home game for UNT and SMU's first game in the Metroplex (since they open at Texas Tech the preceeding week) and if this one doesn't draw well......well, we really do have deeper marketing problems than we have anticipated. huh.gif

For the upcoming 2006 football season, it's not the SMU game that should be of great concern anyway, its going to be the last 3 home games at Fouts Field that will tell the tale concerning this program--good or bad.

We know we will most likely do our annual traditional thing of having zero wins coming into October and the majority of the SBC schedule so that will not create any semblance of good MG football attendance momentum in Denton.

Looking at our OOC schedule and being realistic about the talent differential (and also based on our recent recruiting especially that of last winter which was ranked last in the SBC by some in the media); also, couple that with already having lost 2 or 3 of our top recruits from that recruiting class while having lost a DL that most everyone on this board had penciled in as our next Mean Joe Greene; blink.gif anyway, I guess someone needs to enlighten many of us just how many of our players became All Americans during Spring football and during the course of the summer? We do have some good football players on this team with a few who I feel could start for most NCAA D1-A schools, but we just don't have enough numbers-wise (as was our big problem last year)

Yet UNT at some point (soon) should start using how we finish among the other 117 NCAA D1-A schools as our barometer than our being the best of the worst. That tune is not playing as well as it did during our first few years in the SBC. I think some of the brighter light bullbs on our campus have finally begun to realize that about Mean Green fan expectation, too.

UNT/SMU attendance: 23,500 Don't forget that we are coming off a 2 & 9 season with some poor customer service incidents on the radio and now even in the stands of Fouts Field last season AND also don't forget that we only drew 24,000 versus TCU at Fouts a few years ago in a home season opener and that with many more Horned Frog fans in the stands that SMU fans will not come close to duplicating for our home season opener). NOTE: Another record-breaking UNT freshmen class this Fall could increase that 23,500 UNT/SMU crowd prediction if they come out in large numbers.

PREDICTION: By mid-season of this Fall's MG football campaign, the rumblings among our fan-dom will really begin by those who have been previous "non-rumblers." Hide, Watch & See!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Who cares about the uT?  I'm sick of all the hype.  dry.gif

Hype? Yeah, that Crystal Football in their trophy case sure got there as a result of hype....

rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I'll be at the UNT a$$whipping of SMUT, and I will record the UT a$$whipping of Ohighlyoverrated State.

GO MEAN GREEN!

GO LONGHORNS!

Hype?  Yeah, that Crystal Football in their trophy case sure got there as a result of hype....

Yes, Hype from all the "fake" born-again Whorn fans who have come out of the woodwork like cockroaches. Most have never set foot in uT's stadium. I'm sick of the burnt orange. Saw 'em off! tongue.gif