Who would you like to see win the SBC?

meangreen11

I for one would like to see State get a chance.  If not them then ULL.

whichever scenario creates a big tie, without anyone going to a bowl game. Thats what I want. Selfish? Certainly.

If someone HAS to win it, I imagine it would be fun for ULL to play at home and get smoked by U of H.

I just want us to win out. The spoiler role is all we have to play for... well that and to try to avoid going 0-5 at home.

Edited by Eagle1855

Can not stand cry baby Weatherbie so would be poetic justice if we kick their a$$ and force them off the top. ohmy.gif

Agreed. Weatherbie deserves to sit at home during the bowl season. Never really cared one way or the other about ULM, but that all changed after Weatherbie's comments last year.

Agreed.  Weatherbie deserves to sit at home during the bowl season.  Never really cared one way or the other about ULM, but that all changed after Weatherbie's comments last year.

Well, good then! Maybe we should thank Weatherbie for shaking things up a bit. Some of us are too damn nice to each other across sun belt schools. At least now maybe some of us will have some reason to enjoy a win over another team. Is Weatherbie the Buddy Ryan of the Sun Belt? If so, more power to him! laugh.gif

Any one but Northeast Louisiana (ULM). I hated them when we were I-AA and you didn't have to know how to read to get into school there. I still don't like them since they've upgraded their academic standards. You've got to be able to read and make a ledgible mark for signing your name.

Edited by GreenBat

What I think we can all agree on is that we'd rather take a bowling ball to the groin than back the MUTS going to the NOB.

Wow, you guys are somethin' else. I think our defense WOULD'VE given us the chance to beat whoever from CUSA is drawn for that bowl game, BUT--and I'm sure all of you already knew this--Middle Tennessee was mathematically eliminated from going to the bowl game with the loss to Louisiana-Monroe last weekend.

And with ULM's win over North Texas yesterday we are more than eliminated from bowl contention even if they selected a team with a losing record for a bowl game. With ULM only having one conference loss and ULL having only two, one of them will come out of the game with less losses in the conference than Middle Tennessee has right now.

We have a similar poll on the Middle Tennessee Rivals board. UL-Lafayette leads that poll. They are playing the best ball right now and I think their balanced offense gives them the best shot of beating CUSA's rep. Arkansas State would be the last team I'd want to see make it. ASU sucks @ss. They lost 45-7 to us. That should tell you that ASU's blows. This team wouldn't have enough offense to beat any team in CUSA much less that conference's #5 team.

I hate that ULM is guaranteed a co-championship in the Sun Belt having lost to a 1-AA school and getting shut-out 38-0 by 4-6 Mountain West team. That's embarrassing.

I actually don't care, as long as they have the most respectable record, and will represent the conference well.

Me too. Louisiana-Monroe has a chance to end up 6-5, 6-1 in conference, and that's the best record possible in the Belt. I'd like to see them go for that reason.

As far as the other Belt schools go, the programs I respect most as an opponent are Troy and Arkansas State. Troy's the biggest threat to go USF on us and Arkansas State always played UNT tough. If they clear up their NCAA problems, I'd like to see the Belt get FAMU. They draw 20,000 to each home game and 70,000 to games they play in Atlanta and Orlando, and the number of Rattlers plates you see throughout North Florida are impressive.