Say "I love you"

emmitt01

Tell your husband or wife how much you love them. Hug your children.

I just got home from the scene of an officer I know dying as a result of some shit head with a gun. He just got married about a month ago. I'm sure it will be on the news all day but I thought I'd take this time to remind everyone to appreciate what you have. My wife is at her mother's because her cousin is in from California and right now all I want is her home to hold.

I apologize for putting this on the football board but I knew it would be read here.

It has been my policy, and pleasure, to tell my wife that I love her on a daily basis. I tell my son this as well, but only in the manner and frequency that young males can tolerate.

Mankind has long struggled with the randomness of life. Many try to deal with it, and keep it at bay, by the use good luck charms, religous symbols, and performing some sort of "ritual" every day.

If you must perform a "ritual" every day in an attempt to ward off "bad luck", then I recommend Emmitt's suggestion.......make that STRONGLY recommend.

Emmitt, I am so sorry for the loss of your fellow officer. Call me if there is anything that I can do.

Tell your husband or wife how much you love them.  Hug your children. 

I just got home from the scene of an officer I know dying as a result of some shit head with a gun.  He just got married about a month ago.  I'm sure it will be on the news all day but I thought I'd take this time to remind everyone to appreciate what you have.  My wife is at her mother's because her cousin is in from California and right now all I want is her home to hold. 

I apologize for putting this on the football board but I knew it would be read here.

Emmit if you'll look on the wall that honors fallen DPD officers, you'll see the name of Frank Bennett. Frank was not only a fellow officer, but he and his wife, Elise, were close personal friends. A couple of us had the sad task of knocking on her door with the notification. It was over 40 years ago, but something I'll never forget. Sorry for your loss.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Tell your husband or wife how much you love them.  Hug your children. 

I just got home from the scene of an officer I know dying as a result of some shit head with a gun. 

And there are way too many idiots with guns. Keep your spirits up, brother. Know that what you do benefits mankind and makes this world a better place.

My condolences.

Emmitt, I had the news on in the background while doing morning routine. My heart skipped a beat when I heard the name "Jackson" from the tube. Thank God it was not you in such a senseless situation.

Just how bad would things be if there were not men and women willing to serve us as policemen? Pray for his family and let a cop know you care at the next opportunity. I will.

Maybe I missed it, but he died of a gunshot wound in the arm? Too much bloodloss?

Tragic circumstances regardless.  mad.gif

Under the arm. It's the only part of the upper torso that the vest doesn't cover. Being hit from that spot means the bullet passes through your lungs and possibly your heart.

A sight I will never ever forget.

Worse than terrible when any Law Enforcement Officer has to chase a suspect. The tables can turn so fast that there is no time to react. It's easy to forget the sacrifices police officers make everyday in the name of public safety. I truly hope a man who takes a life out of stupidity can be made an example of. NO crime is worth the taking of a human life, but some people are born cowards. Those people should pay the ultimate penalty.

Emmitt, there is no way to measure the tragic loss of a friend...I know. Do what you were trained to do, and remember there are those of us who still value the risk you take everytime you step outside of that car...