How bad will saturday really be?

ntsumgspe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing an away game against the #7 rated team in the country, in one of the toughest venues to play in with a hostile crowd (hostile may be too kind), with NT having arguably one of the worst offenses in D1A football, I predict  wink.gif ,

LSU 80+

North Texas 3

Honestly, we've been blown out by 50ish points enough this year that LSU's fans are not going to be happy with a 50 point win. They're going to be pushing the team to really throttle us. . . .

Honestly, we've been blown out by 50ish points enough this year that LSU's fans are not going to be happy with a 50 point win.  They're going to be pushing the team to really throttle us. . . .

So being beat by 50 ISN'T being "really throttled?" wink.gif

I don't think we're in danger of giving up 100. LSU can't score that fast for that long! If nothing else, their kick off team will tire out.

I do wonder if they have an equivalent of the "Wings" who do pushups for every point scored? That could get funny to watch.

I'm not saying all or even a majority of freshman. But in the case of the o-line, why not? We still have a chance a to win conference and bo bowling. We don't have to many options to plug in there except for freshman. The main person I would like to see play would be Banks. One other question, where is Venegas? Is he on O-line or D-line. By all reports he was doing good by once the season started nothing.

This would probably be more directed for Cerebrus, Harry, or Illuvius

We keep hearing about our awesome Freshman class and with what many consider to be disappointing play, would it not be wise to maybe throw some of the true freshmen into the mix and see how they do?

I know Steve Warren has been playing Safety due to injury and he seems to hold his own.

Why not then Banks, Washington, etc... getting a shot? or will this just be what everyone is saying a rebuilding/reloading year and get ready to dominate next year?

the freshman class is loaded with lots of speed. Korey Washington and Dominique gree, the few times I got to see them turn on the jets, were ridiculously fast compared to the other guys on the field. Arthur Stubblefield has great agility. Evan Robertson has some quicks, too. Robert Payne is a hoss monster power back with a surprising bit of shimmy. Charley Brown is a workhorse with incredible intensity. Ajani Banks definitly looks the part and is in impressive physical conditioning. Matt Phillips looked great and has a pretty strong arm. Steve Warren is a great looking athlete with speed and strength for his size.

On and on... lots of athletic ability, as this class was pinned, and rightly so. However, as athletic as they are, they are still freshmen, and no team makes a living starting a bunch of freshmen. Very young and very raw. But I do think there's a lot of talent in this class. However, like any class, you'll have to wait a while to see it on the field.

If any freshmen were going to start, it'd probably be Kartey Agbottah or Eddrick Gilmore. Gilmore is a great d-line prospect and has the prototypical body with long arms and a quick first step. Once he gets in better shape he'll probably start showing up.

I haven't seen where Plumm has made his estimate yet.    Being such an optimist, I 'm just sadistically curious!

cool.gif

Didn't know you even read my lagniape, eagle60. huh.gif I really just thought it was my lurking nephews and nieces who did. unsure.gif

This is a high profile money game and I will pretty well leave it at that. I do hope that part of the $500,000.oo we make from this game will go toward our football recruiting budget and give us the extra gas our coaches need to get to that next town to recruit another Booger Kennedy, Scott Hall, Adrian Awassom, Jonas Buckles, etc, etc, etc, They say it really does take money to annually compete in NCAA D1-A and I think I am a believer of that.

Yet you want me to give my score prediction, eagle60? I really don't know, I do remember once when I was walking around campus over near Willis Library as a young NT student listening to Bill Mercer call our game with Tennessee (and as many began to listen with me in amazement as to what what happening in Knoxville) and I always hope that history will repeat itself in some form or fashion for such an OOC win for us in this decade. I think we all know we are well over-due for that to happen.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I'm waiting too, Plumm, but it ain't gonna happen THIS year. We could always catch Mack fat dumb and happy after a national championship next fall. This weekend, however, you had best hide the women and children. It will be something like 63 - 3 (and we be on the short end, my friend). I pray there are no injuries and we are fit for LaLa. blink.gif

A guy at work was busting my chops about how bad NT has been lately, and offered me a 50 point line on a 'friendly' wager.

I was so pissed off that he'd offer a line like that, I took him up on it just out of frustration.

I'm almost certain I'm going to lose the bet, and I'm not sure what part of this situation is most depressing. Losing my composure and taking the bet, losing my faith in this team's ability to keep it within 50 points, or expecting to lose the bet itself... What's the worst of the three?

Next time, and with a smile or a laugh, and with your hand over your heart, just say: "It doesn't matter what the score will be because win or lose, the Mean Green is my team".

Many people who start this kind of digging often times only support teams who are currently winning and can't stand this response because more often than not, they have no loyalty, nor do they know the concept of it. Be it to their boss, company, marriage, family, friends, school or whatever. And when you put it back to them like this, it reminds them about some time in the past when they let someone, or something they loved, down because of it.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Next time, and with a smile or a laugh, and with your hand over your heart, just say: "It doesn't matter what the score will be because win or lose, the Mean Green is my team". 

Many people who start this kind of digging often times only support teams who are currently winning and can't stand this response because more often than not, they have no loyalty, nor do they know the concept of it.  Be it to their boss, company, marriage, family, friends, school or whatever.  And when you put it back to them like this, it reminds them about some time in the past when they let someone, or something they loved, down because of it.

Rick

My coworkers know I don't like to talk about my Mean Green right now, but they all know I love my university through and through. I think I'm also the only one with a college degree too, so they don't quite understand me all that well.