UNT Day Of Giving Is Today

I've always said if UNT Athletics could get an annual $25.00 donation from every living Teacher with a UNT Education Degree (I'm looking at all the teachers out there), Graduate or Postgraduate, Athletics would never have a shortage of money.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I've always said if UNT Athletics could get an annual $25.00 donation from every living Teacher with a UNT Education Degree (I'm looking at all the teachers out there), Graduate or Postgraduate, Athletics would never have a shortage of money.

In theory, you are probably right. However, the mass email/twitter communication is not going to get it done. If they wanted to do this, they need to spend some money and create a UNT Teacher Day of Giving - Annual Reunion. Bring every single possible teacher that can make it to DATCU, cater to them with food and guests, and convince them that giving back is the only way to propel our university forward and see how many wallets they can open up. Market the event appropriately with a runway of at least 2 or 3 months. But this just arbitrary giving day with lazy and cheap marketing will most often times fall on deaf ears. But, hey, it's the UNT way. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

In theory, you are probably right. However, the mass email/twitter communication is not going to get it done. If they wanted to do this, they need to spend some money and create a UNT Teacher Day of Giving - Annual Reunion. Bring every single possible teacher that can make it to DATCU, cater to them with food and guests, and convince them that giving back is the only way to propel our university forward and see how many wallets they can open up. Market the event appropriately with a runway of at least 2 or 3 months. But this just arbitrary giving day with lazy and cheap marketing will most often times fall on deaf ears. But, hey, it's the UNT way. 

Agree 100% 

Mosley should have just put out a GoFundMe because the effort isn't there. 

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

It is usually my one time a year to give back to UNT money wise since I don't live in Denton or the DFW area and only go back once a year for a football game.  I always make my donation to the athletic center expansion.  I wish they made a bigger initiative to get this built.  I hate how it's not on the UNT Day of Giving page and you have to jump through some hoops to find it to donate to it.  Living in Lubbock and seeing Tech build theirs is nice.  I just wish we could have gotten ours built already.  I think we have had this idea out there for a while and it hasn't happened.  Maybe I need to go buy a lotto ticket tonight to make all my UNT dreams and goals come to life haha.

• Upvote 7

48 minutes ago, GreenTroubadour said:

It is usually my one time a year to give back to UNT money wise since I don't live in Denton or the DFW area and only go back once a year for a football game.  I always make my donation to the athletic center expansion.  I wish they made a bigger initiative to get this built.  I hate how it's not on the UNT Day of Giving page and you have to jump through some hoops to find it to donate to it.  Living in Lubbock and seeing Tech build theirs is nice.  I just wish we could have gotten ours built already.  I think we have had this idea out there for a while and it hasn't happened.  Maybe I need to go buy a lotto ticket tonight to make all my UNT dreams and goals come to life haha.

Again, it takes effort.  Sadly, you hear as much about UNT Athletics in Lubbock, as I do in Midland and as everyone in the DFW market does.  There is zero coming out of the department unless a game of some sort is being played.  They kept pushing the football season ticket renewal deadline, but why?  I am not in any danger of losing my seats even if I choose to renew the first week of the season.  All you hear out of our AD is the whir of wind turbines and crickets.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Again, it takes effort.  Sadly, you hear as much about UNT Athletics in Lubbock, as I do in Midland and as everyone in the DFW market does.  There is zero coming out of the department unless a game of some sort is being played.  They kept pushing the football season ticket renewal deadline, but why?  I am not in any danger of losing my seats even if I choose to renew the first week of the season.  All you hear out of our AD is the whir of wind turbines and crickets.

Noooooo. Not true. 

You didn't like the corgis race? What an EVENT!!!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Lol I had someone called me about seats filling up fast for basketball and that I needed to get my tickets asap! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The silence out of the football program is ridiculous.  Nothing from Morris, nothing from anyone, just silence. Meanwhile, other universities have their coaches reaching out to the fans, alumni and boosters. 

I even looked up the Light the Tower initiative website. Poorly designed, links don’t work, etc. Same old crap every year. They are pushing me away from coming for any football games. I may just switch over to basketball tickets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The silence out of the football program is ridiculous.  Nothing from Morris, nothing from anyone, just silence. Meanwhile, other universities have their coaches reaching out to the fans, alumni and boosters. 

I even looked up the Light the Tower initiative website. Poorly designed, links don’t work, etc. Same old crap every year. They are pushing me away from coming for any football games. I may just switch over to basketball tickets

darth vader GIF

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I even looked up the Light the Tower initiative website. Poorly designed, links don’t work, etc. Same old crap every year. They are pushing me away from coming for any football games. I may just switch over to basketball tickets. 

I agree wholeheartedly.  My interest in football has waned.

• Upvote 4

I went ahead and renewed my FB season tickets grudgingly. Something has to change. Will it. Past performance says no. We'll see I guess....

34 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I agree wholeheartedly.  My interest in football has waned.

• Upvote 1

Seems to me the asks are coming from a million different directions at UNT these days.  Economy sucks and people getting laid off left and right. Meanwhile, our players are bailing to portal and students protesting on campus.  Football team was 8th in the conference so in my estimation they are asking for support with zero results.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

36 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Seems to me the asks are coming from a million different directions at UNT these days.  Economy sucks and people getting laid off left and right. Meanwhile, our players are bailing to portal and students protesting on campus.  Football team was 8th in the conference so in my estimation they are asking for support with zero results.

To have success, there has to be support, but show me something for my support.  Let's see some prolonged effort, a plan, meetings with the Scholarship Fund members, coaches reaching out, coaches encouraging our players to stay and build something special, a marketing effort to fill the stands for all sports, a collective that isn't run by a fired AD and his cohorts strictly for their enjoyment, etc.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Morris is circling the wagons around the program. The coaches are working on getting the players to commit to making the playoffs this year. Thats the goal. It’s only between the coaches and players. The silence is because they want to let their actions on the field speak louder than their words in the press. They don’t want to go public with the goal because they don’t want any of the  ridicule to discourage or have a negative effect on the team and create doubt in the minds of the players. You should see a well disciplined, business like , well focused and mature team this year. 😉

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Morris is circling the wagons around the program. The coaches are working on getting the players to commit to making the playoffs this year. Thats the goal. It’s only between the coaches and players. The silence is because they want to let their actions on the field speak louder than their words in the press. They don’t want to go public with the goal because they don’t want any of the negative ridicule to discourage the team and create doubt in the minds of the players. You should see a well disciplined, business like , well focused and mature team this year. 😉

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, meangreenbob said:

Morris is circling the wagons around the program. The coaches are working on getting the players to commit to making the playoffs this year. Thats the goal. It’s only between the coaches and players. The silence is because they want to let their actions on the field speak louder than their words in the press. They don’t want to go public with the goal because they don’t want any of the  ridicule to discourage or have a negative effect on the team and create doubt in the minds of the players. You should see a well disciplined, business like , well focused and mature team this year. 😉

Not my point and that has the strong potential to be a satirical post, but he should be the face of the program.  We need a coach that is out selling his program to the masses and drumming up interest.

38 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Not my point and that has the strong potential to be a satirical post, but he should be the face of the program.  We need a coach that is out selling his program to the masses and drumming up interest.

This is a means to him. It's the highest living wage he has ever earned in his life. To hell with defense, because he knows if he keeps putting up offensive numbers he will parlay his HC job to a more substantiated P5 OC job than what Washington State had/has to offer... a la Seth Littrell. 

It's not about winning anymore. It's about statistically doing well in what your perceived MO is while at the G5 level. This thought process has now even infiltrated the G5 head coaching level. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1