How was the Spring game? (new format & stuff)

On 4/7/2024 at 12:41 PM, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Defense was flying all

over the place.  No missed tackles.  Not sure how that really equates. Offense showed signs. 

frosh QB threw 2 pick 6’s in the first half, and came back with 2 good TD drives in the 2nd half.  Looked pretty good.  Throws a good ball.  The picks were on out patterns, and were both good plays by the secondary.  Receivers won most of the jump balls which is good/bad depending on which side of the ball you are on….but they were covered well  

I liked the format   Really only 2 Qb’s played   I didn’t see any injuries   

I give it a solid B 

I guess you missed Texada completely whiff the RB in the 2nd quarter?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

The TE from UCO is going to be really fun to watch.  If he has the ability to be a grad transfer he may only be here a year.  That is a P5 TE. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of Tate said:

Hearing that Chandler may be done with football. Hope that’s bad intel.

How brilliant on his part if true. If he knew he was going to retire from football why not wait until you get added to a roster for the first college football video game in over a decade. Sucks for us but well played for him.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Ghost of Tate said:

Hearing that Chandler may be done with football. Hope that’s bad intel.

Only at UNT does arguably your best portal recruit decide to give up football.😩

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 4/10/2024 at 9:36 AM, GMG24 said:

The TE from UCO is going to be really fun to watch.  If he has the ability to be a grad transfer he may only be here a year.  That is a P5 TE. 

I look forward to seeing him and Landon Sides on the field at the same time.

Also, if Shane Porter (#24 on the spring roster) is only playing running back for spring practice, then I assume he would be a slot receiver this fall. If he can catch as well as he can run with the ball, then we would have another Landon Sides out there. 

Players like these have the ability to make just about any QB look good. Just get the ball in their hands.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I look forward to seeing him and Landon Sides on the field at the same time.

Also, if Shane Porter (#24 on the spring roster) is only playing running back for spring practice, then I assume he would be a slot receiver this fall. If he can catch as well as he can run with the ball, then we would have another Landon Sides out there. 

Players like these have the ability to make just about any QB look good. Just get the ball in their hands.

Agree! It also allows for a much more high percentage throw instead of the vertical ball that is so prevalent in offenses like these.  

• Upvote 1

Me and hubby went.  He seemed to think we would not be good this coming year but could be good in a couple of years.  They have a lot of young kids out there that they need to devlop into men.  We will be at every home game no matter what.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1