Give me a reason why we play Wyoming at home?

19 hours ago, cogido said:

Better Wyoming than Portland again.  Sorry, that sucks even for me . Guess I still have PTSD .

17 hours ago, Greenrex said:

Portland Total Stomp Down

At one of our games a few years ago, a guy was wearing a Portland State hat just a few rows up from me. I asked him (tongue in cheek), “Hey, man. Do you have to wear that thing here?”  Apparently he was on the team that beat us, moved to DFW, and now likes to attend our games.  He was cool about it all. Still don’t like seeing Portland State anything, though. That game sucked.  

Edited by Glory to the Green
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • Pissed 1

On 2/29/2024 at 2:39 PM, JT Hammons said:

I really like Jared but this smacks of a really poorly thought out decision. 

Wyoming had been on the OOC schedule for years before Jared became the AD.  The only decision he could have made now is to pay whatever the breakup fee is for not playing the games.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

I’m watching Creighton and Marquette right now, and I hope we NEVER schedule them at the Super Pit.

They won’t bring a lot of fans and they’d be using us to recruit DFW hoopers.*

*Shhhh, don’t mention that things like airplanes and social media make it possible to recruit any kid in America from anywhere

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

We had an open home date. Wyoming had an open away date. The two ADs talked and scheduled a game. That's why we play Wyoming at home. 

Very matter of fact. Now tell us where babies come from.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 2

2 hours ago, rcade said:

Very matter of fact. Now tell us where babies come from.

Well, when a man and a woman have had too much to drink, they hook up. Due to their intoxicated status, they forget to use a condom, and the man doesn't know how to pull out.  Then the woman forgets that she is out of "Plan B".  Nine months later, they have a baby.  6 months after that, I'm getting called to their house repeatedly for domestic violence calls because neither one can act like a fking adult. Then I have to explain to one that the other has established residency and does in fact live there, despite that they don't pay any bills or their name isn't on the lease, and I can not "make them leave". 

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Well, when a man and a woman have had too much to drink, they hook up. Due to their intoxicated status, they forget to use a condom, and the man doesn't know how to pull out.  Then the woman forgets that she is out of "Plan B".  Nine months later, they have a baby.  6 months after that, I'm getting called to their house repeatedly for domestic violence calls because neither one can act like a fking adult. Then I have to explain to one that the other has established residency and does in fact live there, despite that they don't pay any bills or their name isn't on the lease, and I can not "make them leave". 

Rudy - you probably just made 75% of the posters on this board turn real pale and flush their Johnny Walker Red .    I’m going to print and frame your post and put it in the men’s room at DATCU stadium.  GMG 🤠

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Rudy said:

But fear not Rudy! Because more and more school boards are pushing for an "abstinence-based" sex education program. Unwanted pregnancies and dysfunctional new parents are soon to be a thing of the past.... therefore, making your job much easier. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, cogido said:

Rudy - you probably just made 75% of the posters on this board turn real pale and flush their Johnny Walker Red .    I’m going to print and frame your post and put it in the men’s room at DATCU stadium.  GMG 🤠

You should probably put it in the frat and sorority houses.

• Upvote 4

On 2/29/2024 at 2:39 PM, JT Hammons said:

I really like Jared but this smacks of a really poorly thought out decision.  Wyoming will not bring jack squat to this game.  They negatively recruit UNT and have for decades.  The only reason they want this game is so they can try and poach recruits our of our backyard.  They bring absolutely nothing to the table for us.  They are using us and it is frustrating to observe.

NORTH TEXAS 2024 Football Schedule

at South Alabama SFA

at Texas Tech

WYOMING

TULSA*

Bye

at Florida Atlantic*

at Memphis*

TULANE*

Bye

ARMY*

at UTSA*

EAST CAROLINA*

at Temple*

We couldn't get Idaho State to come.

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2024 at 6:22 PM, wardly said:

We couldn't get Idaho State to come.

I'm not going to lie; I would love a reason to see a game in the Kibbie Dome vs. the University of Idaho.

Throw in Syracuse, and combined with UTSA's rent-a-dome, I think I would have finally seen a game in all the CFB Domes.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I'm not going to lie; I would love a reason to see a game in the Kibbie Dome vs. the University of Idaho.

Throw in Syracuse, and combined with UTSA's rent-a-dome, I think I would have finally seen a game in all the CFB Domes.

Someone help me remember for sure, but I think Cobbs broke a personal or season rushing record at the Kibbie Dome.

@FirefightnRick or @SilverEagle, care to chime in?

• Upvote 1

The Kibbie Dome is where the 2001 team won the Sun Belt title, and the spot in the New Orleans bowl.

• Upvote 2

On 3/3/2024 at 9:41 AM, SilverEagle said:

But fear not Rudy! Because more and more school boards are pushing for an "abstinence-based" sex education program. Unwanted pregnancies and dysfunctional new parents are soon to be a thing of the past.... therefore, making your job much easier. 

Yeah, the last 50 years of welfare and our education system has really created an awesome situation for children...lets not change that

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1