UNT 2024 Football Schedule

Big Z

54 minutes ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

Actually November 23rd is the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Do students get off the entire week these days?

I didn't look at the calendar. The students are out the week leading up to Thanksgiving. They still may head out for the break and skip the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

27 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

I didn't look at the calendar. The students are out the week leading up to Thanksgiving. They still may head out for the break and skip the game.

Did they officially give them the whole week off? As a student from 14-17 I was still having classes on the Wednesday before if the professor was a big enough douche.

• Upvote 4

On 2/29/2024 at 3:01 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Did they officially give them the whole week off? As a student from 14-17 I was still having classes on the Wednesday before if the professor was a big enough douche.

Looks like they get the whole week off now. Back in my days as a student (2008-2011), students were expected to attend class Monday and Tuesday while Wednesday was unofficially "off". 

46 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

How many hurricanes has Tulsa endured throughout the years?

Golden Hurricanes. Like a golden shower but more dudes, I would guess. Probably gets pretty boring in Tulsa. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

How many hurricanes has Tulsa endured throughout the years?

I yelled that at a Tulsa fan during the 08 or 09 game. This old lady told me, actually we had a hurricane hit last year. Drunk me was caught off guard. So was the Mendoza defense as we lost by 30 plus points.

• Haha 4

Who do we think is the homecoming opponent this year?

September 28th against Tulsa may be too early but might be the best pick. Winnable game and by itself wouldn't be a high seller.

October 26th against Tulane I don't like the date and will still be a tough game.

November 9th against Army is winnable but I think would be a good attended game regardless.

Just wish we could also bring back the parade.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

September 28th against Tulsa may be too early but might be the best pick. Winnable game and by itself wouldn't be a high seller.

October 26th against Tulane I don't like the date and will still be a tough game.

November 9th against Army is winnable but I think would be a good attended game regardless.

Good question: Tulsa might be the best date.

SFA would is likely Family Night. 

On 3/11/2024 at 4:44 PM, Matt from A700 said:

It's 100% going to be Tulane. UNT always has homecoming late October/early November. Last year we could have scheduled homecoming on 10/14 against dreadful Temple, but for whatever reason we opted for the much harder opponent, Memphis, on 10/28. This was also the same day as Denton's Day of the Dead Festival, which made the decision even more odd. I've never heard a reason why, but come hell or high water, UNT wants their homecoming later in the year. Even if the date doesn't make much sense like last year. 

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I've never heard a reason why,

I'll give you a reason.  The same morons that make this decision are probably the same that got rid of the HC parade and have sent out the same form letter response regarding it for the past couple of years.  Lazy, don't consult anyone, etc...  I love my university, but their are some idiots running the asylum at times.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I'll give you a reason.  The same morons that make this decision are probably the same that got rid of the HC parade and have sent out the same form letter response regarding it for the past couple of years.  Lazy, don't consult anyone, etc...  I love my university, but their are some idiots running the asylum at times.

What is the reasoning again for no parade? Something to do with waste?

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

It's 100% going to be Tulane. UNT always has homecoming late October/early November. Last year we could have scheduled homecoming on 10/14 against dreadful Temple, but for whatever reason we opted for the much harder opponent, Memphis, on 10/28. This was also the same day as Denton's Day of the Dead Festival, which made the decision even more odd. I've never heard a reason why, but come hell or high water, UNT wants their homecoming later in the year. Even if the date doesn't make much sense like last year. 

They were hiring for a Director of Marketing and Fan Engagement recently. Hope they brought someone on with common sense.