UAB (1/31/24)

CMJ

That sucks.  I hope it doesn’t kill the fanbase like these things usually do.  Dig deep and have grit!  We are still a great, tough team!  Man, UAB is a tough opponent.  Big time respect.  The second half change in officiating was frustrating but we made enough mistakes to just accept that we lost.  We  went cold and we also got softer on defense which i know we can blame on refs but you can play legal defense well.  I’m pissed but we are still good, don’t let it stop this momentum! 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kingwoodgreen said:

I kept thinking we were running away with this game early on. I am shocked we lost this game. What 12-8 now? Do we think we make the nit this year ?

Lots of ball left to play. We have to get Moore and Cotton prepared now considering Noland may now be out and Jones is going to be out for a couple of weeks. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I want a closeup of the baseline out of bounds with 6.7 seconds...I really thought the UAB kid's toe was on the line and it should have been our ball.

And somehow it became a foul on Scott. 

I want to see Hodge become unhinged just once. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Why did they not play Robert more?

fouls to an extent, but presumably bc he was still probably very uncomfortable with the mask/stitches in his mouth. fair play to him for giving it a go...but woof...Sissoko is a problem in extended minutes

8 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

If you thought it was leaving Edwards hand as anything but a shot that’s on you

Can't help but laugh. All 5 UAB defenders were on same side of the court and we've got our shortest guy trying to shoot over trees. A trailing Walker was unguarded. Sure, he's probably not the guy you want shooting but I'd have maybe had Buggs throw the inbound pass and let him trail, be forgotten, and get a wide open look. If they defend him coming up the court, it clears up some of the 3 point line where Edwards is lining up his shot. Just no space to make a move.

Edit to clarify, like I said, Walker is not the guy I'd want shooting that. My point is, your inbound passer is often forgotten. Maybe have a 3 point shooting threat like Buggs inbound the ball so he's available if he gets forgotten.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

That sucks.  I hope it doesn’t kill the fanbase like these things usually do.  Dig deep and have grit!  We are still a great, tough team!  Man, UAB is a tough opponent.  Big time respect.  The second half change in officiating was frustrating but we made enough mistakes to just accept that we lost.  We  went cold and we also got softer on defense which i know we can blame on refs but you can play legal defense well.  I’m pissed but we are still good, don’t let it stop this momentum! 

I mean after the SMU game the attendance was very poor, so what's there really left to kill? It's also confusing how every game wasn't promoted like the SMU game was.

• Upvote 3