UAB (1/31/24)

CMJ

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

To me this doesn't make sense. Why go all out and promote the SMU game to see the potential of the Pit just to go back to the standard???

They are promoting it. I think there is a disconnect between what yall think they should be doing, and what they are doing. If I had to guess, they put a ton of weight into SM, and less into the emails/texts.

• Upvote 5

I was at the Wichita State game and they did something I thought was pretty cool. Their fans stand up until the opponent scores their first basket. The season ticket holder sitting by me said that it used to be a really cool deal when they were selling out games a few years ago. We need something like that since we are such a strong defensive team. Just something to identify with what are team is known for. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

I was at the Wichita State game and they did something I thought was pretty cool. Their fans stand up until the opponent scores their first basket. The season ticket holder sitting by me said that it used to be a really cool deal when they were selling out games a few years ago. We need something like that since we are such a strong defensive team. Just something to identify with what are team is known for. Go Mean Green!

I was really impressed with their game day presentation, rituals, and "crappy" 5000+ attendance during a Winter Break game.

• Upvote 5

Visited the UAB fan board and love that they hate playing us and put us down for our slow down offense. I have grown to appreciate our style of play and the results that have followed. It seems to be the best way for us to be able to compete with the bigger budget programs. It would be great to have an up-tempo offense but we aren't able to get those kinds of players. I have come to acknowledge that the old saying "Defense travels" is true. We are able to play teams tough on the road because of our defense. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Didn’t realize how good UAB has been in Denton. I believe the Road team has won the last 9 in the series and UAB is 5-1 In their last 6 games at the Pit. 

no let down tonight. 

It was the last 9 road teams until we beat them in 2OT in Denton last year I believe.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1