SMU (1/25/24)

CMJ

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

These are baseless points. To flip your own argument, I've been to countless UNT football games that did not have a true attendance of tonight's basketball game (8k). 

1 minute ago, Big Z said:

Where have those 38,000 fans been recently ? 

I thought we were talking about investing towards long term success of a football program.  Finding a hire that will contend for championships nearly every year.  How did this get twisted?

• Upvote 2

Just now, HoosMeanGreen said:

It would take a moron to notice it. 

What’s the point of coming on here acting like Edwards doesn’t fit, he will be gone next year and your some basketball savant because you went to freaking VA?  BTW, weak comeback. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

22 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Why? WB slept on the job for A YEAR and couldn't wait to go get paid. What has Jared done? 

We're done here.  I've seen and read your expectations for hiring and firing.  This is where we agree to disagree.

If I'm wrong, some of our older members can chime in and tell me how awful they've been.  They have far more perspective than you or I.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I love how even on a great night, we've had at least 3-4 snark fights break out on the board.  And I say that as someone who participated!

We kinda suck.  LOL.

I could have created this thread six months ago with ChatGPT and a six-pack and it would still suck less than the last several pages. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, greenminer said:

We're done here.  I've seen and read your expectations for hiring and firing.  This is where we agree to disagree.

If I'm wrong, some of our older members can chime in and tell me how awful they've been.  They have far more perspective than you or I.

It's pretty documented that things were falling apart while WB was out sniffing up skirts. He also knew the firing of SL was looming... he bolted. Good for him, I guess. 

Jared... he fired Mitchell and SL. That's great. As it seems, he made a great hire in women's basketball. And I don't want to come off as sexist, but that's not a job saver or a significant resume bullet point. He hired Eric Morris, and I am not sold. At all. Not sure how anyone could be at this point. I believe EM is a poor man's SL, and SL got canned. 

Not sure what older members can, could, or will come through and say... proof is in the pudding. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's pretty documented that things were falling apart while WB was out sniffing up skirts. He also knew the firing of SL was looming... he bolted. Good for him, I guess. 

Jared... he fired Mitchell and SL. That's great. As it seems, he made a great hire in women's basketball. And I don't want to come off as sexist, but that's not a job saver or a significant resume bullet point. He hired Eric Morris, and I am not sold. At all. Not sure how anyone could be at this point. I believe EM is a poor man's SL, and SL got canned. 

Not sure what older members can, could, or will come through and say... proof is in the pudding. 

This isn't about them being perfect.  This is about them - and the admin - being enough for me to believe that we want to figure this out, which is far more than I can say about RV or anyone previous.

you and I have not tasted any "pudding" from anyone prior to RV.  I welcome them to speak up if they want to.

Edited by greenminer
  • RV 1

PS: why does every single thing you @NorthTexasWeLove want to talk about - seemingly harmless discussions like shifting the budget away from football - turn into a pissing match?

Any other poster would find ways to post these things with little problem, but if it involves you...COMBAT.

Would it be accurate to say you're TRYING to be disruptive?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, greenminer said:

PS: why does every single thing you @NorthTexasWeLove want to talk about - seemingly harmless discussions like shifting the budget away from football - turn into a pissing match?

Any other poster would find ways to post these things with little problem, but if it involves you...COMBAT.

Would it be accurate to say you're TRYING to be disruptive?

No. I'm not trying to be disruptive. What exactly am I disrupting? I post my opinion and people (you in this instance) sometimes come and take issue with it. I defend the opinion and it turns people upset. For me, I rarely get upset on here or piss match anyone. However, I will always return a quoted comment with a reply. Always. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Nothing on WFAA 10:00 sports report, not even the score. 

Channel 11 had a nice story and video, whereas Channel 5 had a short video and said it "was the first time UNT had beaten SMU in 21 years" making it sound like they played and UNT lost every year rather than this being the first time they met in 21 years...very misleading!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ross Hodgeson said:

Win or lose this program makes me extremely proud.  I wish Buggs could get more looks in the 2nd half.  Great evenly matched game!

4 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

Time for Buggs to step up

These aged like a fine wine!! As many have mentioned, so many kudos to go around for the whole team. The refs however can go back to coaching 5 year olds where they can call that trash.

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

Sorry, thought you were proposing dropping football.  Somebody was. 

So, why the extra $1.2mil for basketball?  What do we need that we don't have.  Yes, more is always better.  It can't be used for NIL currently.  

I would start with proper floor wipers with handles. They are only like $500 of that 1.2 million. 

I keep saying it, but this might be the year I donate them!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

These aged like a fine wine!! As many have mentioned, so many kudos to go around for the whole team. The refs however can go back to coaching 5 year olds where they can call that trash.

I would start with proper floor wipers with handles. They are only like $500 of that 1.2 million. 

I keep saying it, but this might be the year I donate them!

Yes, that is pretty embarrassing on National TV, we have guys with what looked like beach towels trying to dry the floor after a player fall.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BleedingGreen said:

Coach Hodge deserves a lot of credit for his leadership of the players. Several things stick out:

1. Keeping cool as a team when bad calls happen. (Maybe he could set an NBA player straight just south of us)

2. Allowing the players to play with passion, yet controlled passion .  

3. Every court huddle is legit.  A stick together culture 

4.  He loves his players. He opens his home and office to the players and staff.

5. Allow for celebration of hard work paying off and success.

I'll just add to this that the rapid development of Edwards (since he's been brought up quite a lot in this thread) has been one of the biggest reasons NT is near the top of the AAC standings right now.  He was forced into the starting lineup due to injury (unlike TP who spent his whole first season out of JC as the 6th man), and he's responded well to that pressure.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No. I'm not trying to be disruptive. What exactly am I disrupting? I post my opinion and people (you in this instance) sometimes come and take issue with it. I defend the opinion and it turns people upset. For me, I rarely get upset on here or piss match anyone. However, I will always return a quoted comment with a reply. Always. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1