What is the story with Rubin Jones?

No science here, just observation: 

Late in the game after he got injured at WichSt, coming out of a time out, he limped back to the bench, full weight on one leg and walking on his toes (like a tippy toe) on the bad leg. Seems to be a pretty serious hamstring pull.

Info you don't need to know: my worst hamstring pull was running my first half marathon (Cowtown). The UNTHSC staff that manned the medical tent said it would be at least three weeks to recover. It was four or five for this non-athlete.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

No science here, just observation: 

Late in the game after he got injured at WichSt, coming out of a time out, he walked back to the bench walking only on his toes. Seems to be a pretty serious hamstring pull.

Info you don't need to know: my worst hamstring pull was running my first half marathon (Cowtown). The UNTHSC staff that manned the medical tent said it would be at least three weeks to recover. It was four or five for this non-athlete.

GMG

Did you redshirt?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I knew he got banged up, but figured he’d come back by now. 

When it happened at first the TV broadcast crew assumed it was a hamstring injury and talked about how those could sideline someone for a few weeks or for a season depending on the severity. He is walking relatively fine and no boot. I assume just strained and maybe we hold him off for SMU… at least it isn’t ACL, MCL, Achilles. 🙂 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1

Hamstring injuries don’t require a boot. Was he in a boot?

I pulled a hamstring twice. Both times pretty bad with blood pooling/bruising right above my knee. It was the most uncomfortable injury I ever had. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1

31 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Hamstring injuries don’t require a boot. Was he in a boot?

I pulled a hamstring twice. Both times pretty bad with blood pooling/bruising right above my knee. It was the most uncomfortable injury I ever had. 

No boot.  Here he is in black long-sleeve shirt (with basketball in hand) watching the guys in pregame warmups...

GDwcRIoXwAE0ti4?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 3

Question for Cooley or any of the other more knowledgeable North Texas sports historians.

Has Rubin participated in more North Texas victories than any other athlete in any sport in school history?

If so, is there anybody on the current roster that could surpass that victory total, (Aaron?) and who are other athletes, in any sport, that could be close?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Has Rubin participated in more North Texas victories than any other athlete in any sport in school history?

The softball team has won 129 games in the past four years, and they only played 24 games in 2020 before Covid cancelled the season. Saleen Donohoe was a freshman that year and the only player left from that team that played last year, so maybe her?

With a fourth full season upcoming, Lexi Cobb, Mikayla Smith, Kailey Gamble, Molly Rainey, and Kalei Christensen are probably in a position to surpass that number.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

The softball team has won 129 games in the past four years, and they only played 24 games in 2020 before Covid cancelled the season. Saleen Donohoe was a freshman that year and the only player left from that team that played last year, so maybe her?

With a fourth full season upcoming, Lexi Cobb, Mikayla Smith, Kailey Gamble, Molly Rainey, and Kalei Christensen are probably in a position to surpass that number.

Thanks for doing the research. 

• Thanks 1