Tulane (1/6/2024)

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If he can learn to slow it done sometimes and keep control of the ball he could follow Perry’s path. Except he stays his remaking 3 years here. A buddy compared him to Hardy on the Mavs. Lots of potential and extremely quick and athletic (granted 3 inches shorter). He has found some consistency which is nice. Truly taking advantage of some guys out. 

I agree with that comparison. He's got this twitch that he uses to create space and he knows how to take advantage of it.

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I’m not sure a 7 man rotation has ever been considered deep…. 🧐

It is nice to have the ‘next man up’ type mentality and keep up the level of play with two starters out and another out the last 6 minutes of the first half. We are improving quite a bit from the start of season. 

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I agree with that comparison. He's got this twitch that he uses to create space and he knows how to take advantage of it.

Yes. Shorter than guys like stone and Nolan’s but I think his wingspan is longer. Really helps with his dribbling if he can keep it under control. 

not comparing him to Iverson at all but that’s what allowed Iverson to be great. The wingspan with his cross over was nasty. Edwards doesn’t have that length. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

It is nice to have the ‘next man up’ type mentality and keep up the level of play with two starters out and another out the last 6 minutes of the first half. We are improving quite a bit from the start of season. 

Yes. It helps to have Walker. We have him we don’t lose to Boise State or Fordham. (These two games really bug me because they could easily keep us from an at large)Even if he isn’t scoring he adds length and defense. He also seems to take care of the ball pretty well. Does things we need. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yes. It helps to have Walker. We have him we don’t lose to Boise State or Fordham. Even if he isn’t scoring he adds length and defense. He also seems to take care of the ball pretty well. Does things we need. 

Agreed. 

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

What is the record for made 3’s by a player in a single game?

I believe Gibson and Smart (maybe) hav had 7 3 pointers in a game. That’s more recent. After that idk. Let Edwards hit one more and we can call him the all time leader haha. 24 points off threes in college is crazy. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

For those at the game, the commentators were talking up the Super Pit's hustle stat boards which was kinda cool.

You mean other school don't have these?

• Upvote 1