Jake Roberts Back in the Portal

57 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Strange.  He was the 4th leading receiver and I would imagine a lock to start again at Baylor next year.

They lost to Texas State, won only 3 games the entire season, and one of those three was against the powerhouse University of Long Island. There will be changes at Baylor and nobody's starting job is assured.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

Him going to Oklahoma makes no sense.  He need to go somewhere where he can play ball.

Being a kid from Norman, that will be a tough sell. I wish him well. He gets reunited with SL who brought him to Denton. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Forget him! Players are now like employees, walk across the street for $2.00 per hour more. No loyalty to their employer, just what’s best for them…they come and go, coaches job is to add and delete as fast as they can. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Jake seemed like a nice dude, and I’ve got nothing against the guy, but I’m in the same boat as many in this thread. He left UNT, so unless he’s coming back, idc about his career anymore. I hope he succeeds in life, but he can do it all without me caring lol

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Why didn’t he just.. go to OU last year lol unless he was trying to get that BU degree then head to Norman. 

This is an SL signing, period. If SL doesn’t become OU’s OC then I don’t see Roberts ending up there. 

• Upvote 2