Are we not signing a transfer QB?

meangreenfaninno

5 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Arch may be leaving UT, Miami mentioned as one of the top transfer locations.

Heard on Dan Patrick this morning from the ON3 college football writer that they would be shocked if Arch transferred, even if Ewers stays.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I think the Manning family realizes the value of sitting and learning early on and enjoying the college experience.  Both Peyton and Eli played until they were out of eligibility because they enjoyed the college life.  Money isn't an issue either.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Arch would be stupid to go anywhere especially with that kind of NIL money. Kinda disgusting honestly. I figured he wouldn't transfer because his family has money and he wants to start for a premier team. Now that he has both, why on earth would he leave?

If he stays at Texas but never starts, it'll be interesting to see what happens post college. Does he still get a shot at the NFL off his name? If he does and has success, will that open the door for other top recruits to ride the bench at big money programs and then go pro? I've heard on the radio that his family is against him transferring based on the principle that you should wait and earn playing time where you're at instead of bouncing around. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

He would be a huge addition to our QB room!  He’s from Frisco, I believe.  If he gets here in the spring, he could compete for the starting job. 

He would be QB 1. No need to overthink anything.
I would agree with GoGreenBeans that he’s the top target. Dynamic qb which would make this offense be just as fun to watch as last year. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Arch would be stupid to go anywhere especially with that kind of NIL money. Kinda disgusting honestly. I figured he wouldn't transfer because his family has money and he wants to start for a premier team. Now that he has both, why on earth would he leave?

$3.3 M

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

25 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

For those of you who are convinced Braxton is the guy, what has you sold on him? His 2023 stats are not great. It doesn’t even look like he played very much. Am I just missing something about him?

He was out with an ankle injury most of the year I believe. 

8 minutes ago, Jdawg48 said:

He was out with an ankle injury most of the year I believe. 

Were the games he did play played through injury? 2 tds to 6 int with 44% completion rate sounds bad. His rookie year was better with TD:INT of 10:2 but just 56% completion rate. I haven’t watched him play so I assume others think the talent is there and the situation/injury hurt him, just curious.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

realizes the value of sitting and learning early on and enjoying the college experience

I can relate to that.  Sat around yy Freshman year at UNT and really enjoyed the college experience.  Lack of studying will give you that experience.

Edited by DeepGreen

10 hours ago, Coltonw83 said:

Were the games he did play played through injury? 2 tds to 6 int with 44% completion rate sounds bad. His rookie year was better with TD:INT of 10:2 but just 56% completion rate. I haven’t watched him play so I assume others think the talent is there and the situation/injury hurt him, just curious.

I'm skeptical for the reasons you stated but I'd be excited about the size and athleticism. With the offensive line and running back transfers, adding a mobile QB like Braxton can make for an incredible run game that can hurt defenses multiple ways. Make them bring the safeties in to help run defense and  receivers will have more space to run which would hopefully help limit tight-window throws. We'll see what happens but I think these coaches would find ways to make the offense explosive with his skill set.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Coltonw83 said:

I haven’t watched him play so I assume others think the talent is there and the situation/injury hurt him, just curious.

I haven’t watched him, either.  Brune bragged on him on during a couple of his podcasts. The podcast plus his HS accolades, and the staffs interest is enough for me.  🤷🏽‍♂️