Conference opponents 2024

GMG_Dallas

On 12/13/2023 at 1:10 PM, Matt from A700 said:

image.png.e9d79e24e521d8a658213f5b8af48620.png

We go from vs. SMU, Rice, South Florida, and Charlotte and @ UTSA, UAB, FAU, and ECU to:

vs. Army, ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa and @ FAU, Memphis, Temple, and UTSA.

Exchanging Rice, Charlotte, and UAB for Tulane, Memphis, and Tulsa gives us another tougher schedule. I was really looking forward to playing the "cupcakier" teams to give us an easier route to six wins.

Glad we keep the UTSA road trip. Memphis is on the table now, too.

Maybe we are one of the "cupcakier " teams in the conference.

• Sad 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I bet every single one of those teams' O-Coordinators, QBs, RBs, WRs, OLs, & TEs have our game circled on their calendars as one where they're going to blow up for multiple TDs.

I hope they think they don’t have to prepare for us. Being overlooked by other teams is an advantage for us. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

I hope they think they don’t have to prepare for us. Being overlooked by other teams is an advantage for us. 

No one said anything about not having to prepare, or "overlooking" us.   They don't need to, and if they fail to prepare, or "overlook" us, it'll be their own missed opportunity. 
Just prepare as normal, and trust their abilities against this porous defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

18 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

4 Home Games in a row:  Army, East Carolina, Tulane, and Tulsa ... that is pretty awesome.

All in all, I really like this schedule!  I would rather have our 2 first games flipped... would be great to start with SFA at home and then go to USA ... but otherwise I'm a happy camper.

• Upvote 3

On 12/15/2023 at 3:49 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

I bet every single one of those teams' O-Coordinators, QBs, RBs, WRs, OLs, & TEs have our game circled on their calendars as one where they're going to blow up for multiple TDs.

Nervous Season 1 GIF by The Roku ChannelOpposing OCs be like… 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/13/2023 at 1:50 PM, SMU2006 said:

Pro tip:  Area around the Liberty Bowl is about as close to a demilitarized zone as there is in the United States.  Do not go anywhere alone.  Highly recommend going with a group and taking LYFT/Uber.  

Hey look, an SMU Fan scared of people outside of their socio-economic class.  Thank you for your concern for our fanbase.

...and FYI, we played at Memphis in 2022.

• Thanks 1