***OFFICIAL UAB vs UNT In-Game Discussion***

Coach Andy Mac

19 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

If that is your argument with 5:00 minutes left in the game it makes sense.  You never turn down a virtual lock to cut the lead in half in the first 2 quarters of the game.

We've lost 2 games where an early field goal instead of a turnover on downs was the difference come the end of the game but people still don't get it. I'm referring to Navy and Memphis. If we end up losing by 3, I may explode.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

Remember, it won't always be like this. We have the facilities and location to be competitive... That's something plenty of schools can't say 

We have the facilities for other schools to be competitive in. UAB looks impressive today.

Here's the deal with Caponi. I don't give a crap if he doesn't have *his* guys. Good coaching should at least be able to clean up fundamentals like tackling. It hasn't gotten better all year which tells me Caponi is not of the caliber we need to lead the defense. Want to keep a 335 next year? Fine, but get a new DC. And if there's any time to make a change in philosophy away from the 335 altogether, it's now. Give him another year and we're just burying ourselves deeper into this system. Dead last is grounds for termination. That's not a personnel or scheme issue, it's a coaching issue.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

Remember, it won't always be like this. We have the facilities and location to be competitive... That's something plenty of schools can't say 

Yes, I believe many would very surprised to learn we are 75 in NCAA Div 1 revenue (out of over 300 programs).  But on the field/court outside of men's basketball women's soccer  and softball it has be horrendously mismanaged.  

This is an unmitigated disaster and an embarrassment. I am not sure there is much to salvage for going forward (maybe some pieces on offense) I hate to suggest firing nice people but I am afraid next year will look the same if we don’t change the entire staff now. Since a tear down is likely required, why not hire someone that can recruit what is needed to win at this level.

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

We've lost 2 games where an early field goal instead of a turnover on downs was the difference come the end of the game but people still don't get it. I'm referring to Navy and Memphis. If we end up losing by 3, I may explode.

This frustrates me more than our defense.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, rcade said:

We have the facilities for other schools to be competitive in. UAB looks impressive today.

Have you noticed the trend where almost every team we play against looks impressive on game day. Our defense makes other teams look like they're full of all americans.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Azeagle said:

This is an unmitigated disaster and an embarrassment. I am not sure there is much to salvage for going forward (maybe some pieces on offense) I hate to suggest firing nice people but I am afraid next year will look the same if we don’t change the entire staff now. Since a tear down is likely required, why not hire someone that can recruit what is needed to win at this level.

Yup…especially if Morris doesn’t hit the portal hard. If he sticks to recruiting HS more than the portal, we won’t be seeing good times for quite a while. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This is what happens when your head coach makes a poor hire at defensive coordinator and then will not man up to it and take the responsibility to make the needed change. People can forgive someone who makes a mistake if they own up to, it but it quickly turns to resentment if they feel the person that made the mistake doesn't believe he made a mistake

He owned up to the Stone and Rogers mistake. 

You guys want to really be pissed. Go back to 19:00 on the broadcast and listen to what the broadcasters said about what Morris said about these 2. It makes me question his decision making a little bit. He did own up to that mistake though.