***OFFICIAL UAB vs UNT In-Game Discussion***

Coach Andy Mac

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Our band plays the most annoying song everytime the other team gets a first down as if they are mocking us. Like they play this fierce stand up d type song when we just give up a new set of downs. I can’t be the only one that keeps seeing this right? 

I'm so confused with the choice of what to play and when. Do they just rotate through a list of songs to play without caring what down or game situation it is? Sloppy, unorganized, and unfocused all year. Fire that director. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

I'm so confused with the choice of what to play and when. Do they just rotate through a list of songs to play without caring what down or game situation it is? Sloppy, unorganized, and unfocused all year. Fire that director. 

Without our band in the stands, the place would look super empty

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Weirdest 5 win season ever. We’ve won 5 and it’s felt like mission accomplished and we’ve won 5 and it’s felt completely hollow. This is on the hollow side.

But it’s still my patch. Still my logo. Still my team. I dragged myself to Denton often in wins and losses and it sucked more than it was fun. I watched at watch parties with disillusion and excitement. Again a strange 5 win season. 

But when it was good it was fun. I am hopeful for the future. Glad I invested in 2023 because the payoff will be sweet.

GMG

• Upvote 7

Just now, NM Green said:

Weirdest 5 win season ever. We’ve won 5 and it’s felt like mission accomplished and we’ve won 5 and it’s felt completely hollow. This is on the hollow side.

But it’s still my patch. Still my logo. Still my team. I dragged myself to Denton often in wins and losses and it sucked more than it was fun. I watched at watch parties with disillusion and excitement. Again a strange 5 win season. 

But when it was good it was fun. I am hopeful for the future. Glad I invested in 2023 because the payoff will be sweet.

GMG

Agreed.  Could have won 7-8 had the defense been better though.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, rcade said:

What a statistically wild season.

For the first time ever, we have a 3,000 yard passer, 1,000 yard rusher, 1,000 yard receiver.

Today we gave up 506 yards, which beats the 473.7-yard average that had us in last place in FBS.

But we also gained 643 yards, which goes way above the 482.4-yard average that had us in ninth place in FBS.

We’re a race car made out of wet cardboard 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Going into the season, I expected to only be around .500, so on the one hand hitting the forecast means I shouldn't really complain.  Having the worst defense (or one of the worst -- I saw many USC games this year. lol), doesn't give a lot of hope for the future.  hard to be a big winner when the D is so poor.

Still, it's nice to close out a campaign with a win, it just is.

• Upvote 4

I had higher hopes but it's only because I really didn't see our schedule as being that daunting. Tulane was the king of close games, Memphis was a good team but not great, and UTSA had a huge drop off on the offensive side. If you asked me again to pick the record prior to week 1, I'd say there's 8 wins on the schedule if you can just steal 1 from a good team.

Where I'm excited is the future looks bright. The offense seems set for years with Morris. If Cash McCollum does sign here, he'll redshirt behind Rogers next year and after that, I think he'll take over with a veteran Sides going into his junior year and a plethora of young offensive weapons looking for their shot. The defense had a bunch of young talented freshmen playing meaningful snaps this year. Get some big talented transfers on the DLine and linebacker spots and let the secondary feast.

Next year, we get South Alabama and SFA before heading to Lubbock to play a vulnerable Texas Tech with questions at quarterback. It'll be a huge opportunity to make a statement early in the season but I know Morris will have the guys ready to play for his homecoming. I'm sure Cleveland is looking forward to it as well.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I had higher hopes but it's only because I really didn't see our schedule as being that daunting. Tulane was the king of close games, Memphis was a good team but not great, and UTSA had a huge drop off on the offensive side. If you asked me again to pick the record prior to week 1, I'd say there's 8 wins on the schedule if you can just steal 1 from a good team.

Where I'm excited is the future looks bright. The offense seems set for years with Morris. If Cash McCollum does sign here, he'll redshirt behind Rogers next year and after that, I think he'll take over with a veteran Sides going into his junior year and a plethora of young offensive weapons looking for their shot. The defense had a bunch of young talented freshmen playing meaningful snaps this year. Get some big talented transfers on the DLine and linebacker spots and let the secondary feast.

Next year, we get South Alabama and SFA before heading to Lubbock to play a vulnerable Texas Tech with questions at quarterback. It'll be a huge opportunity to make a statement early in the season but I know Morris will have the guys ready to play for his homecoming. I'm sure Cleveland is looking forward to it as well.

We know the offense will keep us in game, so it’s all on the defense next season. A repeat of this season is disastrous to Eric morris and this program

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Do you think Joey will still be the coach?  He has not been very good there if you ask me and they are like you said beatable.

Yes I think he'll still be the coach. Matt Wells got 3 years with no winning seasons. McGuire won 8 last year before going .500 this year. I think he has 2 more unless next year is an absolute disaster which I'd love for North Texas to be a contributor to.

• Upvote 2