First Look At The Team Thoughts 🤔

HoosMeanGreen

36 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I looked at the Mean Green Sports website and they show our first game on Oct 7.   I assume that was a typo.  Maybe November 7?

Yes, vs UNI Nov. 7...

Note:  The Men's season opening opponent Northern Iowa (Nov. 7) plays an exhibition game on Wed. Nov. 1 at 7pm vs Coe College on ESPN+ if you want to scout UNI.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I love Scott’s game, but I hope he’s able to control his fouling this season. 4 in 23 mins is not ideal. 

Agree, but I think that's just the tradeoff you pay for a guy like Scott. He's 100% every play, of every minute, and he doesn't know what it means to tone it down. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

Through following the MBB Twitter page and score sheet, it looks like we have our replacement for... Hamlet. Perry was incredible and clutch but what we missed the past 2 years was guards who could get dribble penetration and finish at the rim. Rubin can do that, Perry could not. Edwards can and with both he and Rubin being threats to take the ball to the basket, our 3 point shooters will get plenty of open looks. Buggs will replace the 3 point shooting we lost with Perry. This team should be fun.

• Upvote 7

22 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

I'm surprised by the lack of playing for Christian Moore. I thought he'd be worked a little bit more into the rotation this year, which he might be as we go on. 

and Chrisdon Morgan. Is he just not an option?

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

10 hours ago, Harry said:

He sure is but I also would like to point out that Robert Allen is going to be a huge addition as well. 

I recall catching some flak on the board for suggesting Allen would start over Sissoko when he signed. Can't replace skill.

• Upvote 2

On 10/29/2023 at 6:17 PM, Wookies said:

Allen had an impressive game in the post on both sides of the ball. He's handy around the basket and is a good rebounder. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up starting or at least splitting time with Sissoko.

I think Allen could end up starting as well.  He seems to be the guy everyone missed out on as he is a real talent on both sides of the floor.  And he has good size so he can defend a post.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

I can only assume they are losing out in practice to the new guys they keep bringing in. I'd expect both to transfer if they don't get playing time this year. 

I had heard that Morgan was set to leave until Grant left and Hodge was named as his replacement. I hope both Moore and Morgan get more playing time. Since this was just supposed to be an exhibition game, I wasn't sure why we didn't play more guys. Even in the last 3 minutes when we had the game on ice. Anyone know if we have a "secret" scrimmage set up with another school sometime this week? 

• Confused 1