Are you fingers kidding me?

GMoney

Just now, GMoney said:

Fire this mfing DC now! 70 yds in 40secs using no TO's. Sorry than a mfer! damn!

Honest question: do you think he didn't tell the players to keep them inbounds? Or to tackle. Hell, there was a player there to make a play on the touchdown.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Looking down at the sidelines, we don’t have many dlinemen suiting up.  Have we run all but 6 or 7 off?  I can’t imagine many guys that like taking on double teams constantly on every freaking down.

Outside of Enoch Jackson, who is gone?

1 hour ago, GMoney said:

Fire this mfing DC now! 70 yds in 40secs using no TO's. Sorry than a mfer! damn!

Morris is the one who wanted to run a 3-3-5 and made the decision to not retool the defense in the portal. Caponi is just playing the shit hand he was dealt.
I don’t think Morris will make the same mistake next year and is why he won’t fire Caponi this season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

59 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Morris is the one who wanted to run a 3-3-5 and made the decision to not retool the defense in the portal. Caponi is just playing the shit hand he was dealt.
I don’t think Morris will make the same mistake next year and is why he won’t fire Caponi this season. 

I find this hard to believe when Caponi is from ISU who's known for running the 30-stack.

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

The defendervalso could have played the ball.  He was there in plenty of time to bat it down or do something crazy like catch it.  He looked like he was so scared of PI that he hesitated to do anything. 

That's on the coaches, who should have been shouting to mug the WR and take the 15 yds over the TD, but also DB's not looking to the ball is a staple of the years with UNT, has been a problem for years

53 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

The defendervalso could have played the ball.  He was there in plenty of time to bat it down or do something crazy like catch it.  He looked like he was so scared of PI that he hesitated to do anything. 

Agreed.  I need to go back and watch the replay, but that ball just seemed to float in the air forever.  My seats are right at the goal line, so I had a pretty good view.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NT93 said:

Agreed.  I need to go back and watch the replay, but that ball just seemed to float in the air forever.  My seats are right at the goal line, so I had a pretty good view.

Yeah, I want to see a replay too.  It was in the air so long, I was thinking we should be able to get a pick.  Apparently our DB must have been a mile away.

On 10/28/2023 at 6:23 PM, MeanGreen13 said:

Honest question: do you think he didn't tell the players to keep them inbounds? Or to tackle. Hell, there was a player there to make a play on the touchdown.

Okay but the 124 better defenses in FBS today and they are dead last vs the run.  It is bigger than the last drive.  If the defensive side of the ball are so devoid of talent, size, speed, and play making smarts that is on the coaches.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

12 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Okay but the 124 better defenses in FBS today and they are dead last vs the run.  It is bigger than the last drive.  If the defensive side of the ball are so devoid of talent, size, speed, and play making smarts that is on the coaches.  

Of course it's on the coaches. But people on this board and people in the athletic department will spin this as being OUR fault. It's OUR fault players leave. It's OUR fault we can't recruit well enough. It's our fault attendance is garbage. It's all our fault. We have to do our part, as they say. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

25 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

It does seem like recruiting defensively could be improved upon.

• Upvote 1