***UNT vs Tulane In-Game Discussion Thread***

Coach Andy Mac

If I had told any of you before the game “the defense will force two first half turnovers and have a 4th down stop” how many would have taken that and felt pretty good?  I know I would.  

Of course, if I followed that up with “and the offense will crap the bed” you might begin to feel worse 😂

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Eric Morris is an inexperienced coach. It's glaring. It's so glaring he's starting to flirt with being a bad coach. 

But, no worries, feel safe... We do HC OTJT here at UNT. 

I just never want to see that alignment where the OL had 4 yard splits between them. What did he think was going to happen? What was he trying to prove? 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I get that Tulane is better than us but they gave us many opportunities to be a part of this game.  My girlfriend said "your coach is not calling the right plays" and she was absolutely correct.  There was not any reason to give them the last touchdown.

We just look poorly prepared.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I get that Tulane is better than us but they gave us many opportunities to be a part of this game.  My girlfriend said "your coach is not calling the right plays" and she was absolutely correct.  There was not any reason to give them the last touchdown.

Can she coach a defense and start work immediately?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

The offense looks a lot like it did when Earle was running it. WR's have to stop dropping passes, and our line needs to block up front and give our backs some holes.  

Just like the Navy game, this OL doesn’t have the strength to move people. It’s mostly stalemates along the line. Maybe the RBs need to be more patient and See if any cut-back lanes develop. 

• Upvote 1