It was improvement

peanuts104

1 hour ago, peanuts104 said:

The game was ugly as all hell, but it was improvement over SL. We stopped them on 3rd down a lot. We made big chunk plays happen. It was improvement.

Looked a lot like Seth 2.0 on offense.  On defense the 4 man defensive front was different.   The tackling might have been worse than last year.   The man coverage in the secondary looked better in the first half.  Can't say anything about the 2nd, I left dejected early in the 3rd. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

42 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Hey, we all got tired of losing bowl games. That won't happen under Morris.

Oh, don't count us out yet bowl games are created monthly it seems like.  Nothing like reminding us of the mediocre achievements of recent past make us emotional fans long for the days of Coach Littrel. 

Edited by Mike Jackson

13 minutes ago, Sig381 said:

The defense was in position just can tackle 

They really weren't. Linebackers were virtually MIA most of the game scraping towards wrong gaps or getting dominated by Cal OL. Our 17 players in the secondary were the tackling dummies and if they weren't pretending to tackle they were sliding past the ball carrier like they were playing baseball. Anything outside, our edge defender would be 6 yards from LOS pre snap... as if. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No, it really doesn't. Eric Morris did not recruit the portal to shore up major problems on the roster OR he didn't think the roster needed shoring up. I'm not sure which scenario is worse. 

You said it looked like Seth's team and I was telling you that's because it's mostly his recruits.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UNTethered Eagle said:

You said it looked like Seth's team and I was telling you that's because it's mostly his recruits.

And I'm telling you it DIDN'T HAVE TO BE. 

However, I believe I have found our first Eric Morris loyalist. Why are you so committed to him given what we all witnessed yesterday? Please, elaborate? 

• Eye Roll 1