It was improvement

peanuts104

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

And I'm telling you it DIDN'T HAVE TO BE. 

However, I believe I have found our first Eric Morris loyalist. Why are you so committed to him given what we all witnessed yesterday? Please, elaborate? 

You said that after the fact. And actually I support the student athletes whose performance somehow define your personal happiness. 

I'm tired of the pity party negative attitude when you will do absolutely nothing but pontificate about.

5 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

You said that after the fact. And actually I support the student athletes whose performance somehow define your personal happiness. 

I'm tired of the pity party negative attitude when you will do absolutely nothing but pontificate about.

Ok... buddy. Be the defender. Stand tall in the face of very, very warranted critiscism. 

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Ok... buddy. Be the defender. Stand tall in the face of very, very warranted critiscism. 

I mean, I haven't really said the criticism isn't warranted. But now what? Like what actionable steps will you do as a fan. Based on your posts it seems like you and even others should hang it up as fans.

And yes, I will stand tall as a proud alumni of UNT. And I find it funny that so many fans complain but can't donate, stay the entire game, etc. 

Edited by UNTethered Eagle

1 minute ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I mean, I haven't really said the criticism isn't warranted. But now what? Like what actionable steps will you do as a fan. Based on your posts it seems like you and even others should hang it up as fans.

And yes, I will stand tall as a proud alumni of UNT. And I find it funny that so many fans complain but can't donate, stay the entire game, etc. 

Oh, so you're here to deflect away from the product and boast about lack of support? 

Sort of preaching to the choir, isn't it? I am certain that 90%+ on this forum are or have been season ticket holders and/or donors. We are all consumers of the product. Like any product. If I go to a burger joint and they swap out my patty with a piece of shit, I will complain about the product. If they keep doing it, I will get pissed off. What I least suspect, would be the cook coming out of the kitchen to tell me to be happy with my shit sandwhich while prices for that sandwich increase yoy. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Oh, so you're here to deflect away from the product and boast about lack of support? 

Sort of preaching to the choir, isn't it? I am certain that 90%+ on this forum are or have been season ticket holders and/or donors. We are all consumers of the product. Like any product. If I go to a burger joint and they swap out my patty with a piece of shit, I will complain about the product. If they keep doing it, I will get pissed off. What I least suspect, would be the cook coming out of the kitchen to tell me to be happy with my shit sandwhich while prices for that sandwich increase yoy. 

Man you are on something else when it comes to assumptions. All I can say you have some anger that would be best addresses with a run or physical activity. 

I'm not telling you that you are wrong or to like yesterday's outcome. But you and others have let out quite a bit of hot air to not do anything about it. And if that inaction is paired with a terrible attitude from fans on this board we have more of a problem then just losing yesterday.

4 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Man you are on something else when it comes to assumptions. All I can say you have some anger that would be best addresses with a run or physical activity. 

I'm not telling you that you are wrong or to like yesterday's outcome. But you and others have let out quite a bit of hot air to not do anything about it. And if that inaction is paired with a terrible attitude from fans on this board we have more of a problem then just losing yesterday.

I'm not angry at anything or anyone other than the shit product we were force fed yesterday. Now, they can go about fixing it. If it can't be fixed throughout the season, they can fix it in the portal. If they simply refuse to address the serious roster holes via the portal for another year then fire them all. This is not your daddy's college football. Timelines have shrunk and demand is up. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm not angry at anything or anyone other than the shit product we were force fed yesterday. Now, they can go about fixing it. If it can't be fixed throughout the season, they can fix it in the portal. If they simply refuse to address the serious roster holes via the portal for another year then fire them all. This is not your daddy's college football. Timelines have shrunk and demand is up. 

Look, I honestly agree with you. But if you see glaring issues you must say or do something about it. Especially as a longtime fan. We need to get our collective sh*t together - because as I've said, waiting hasn't and isn't going to cut it. Even more so to your point on timeline.

It just seems like a few fans here were broken yesterday and may hang their fan cleats up. lol

But if people are willing to make 15 threads bemoaning yesterday in every way then they should say/do something about it, and not here but to the people responsible for the product.

For too man years UNT fans have waited for better - we need to MAKE it happen. And that starts off the fan forum imo with personal action.

2 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Look, I honestly agree with you. But if you see glaring issues you must say or do something about it. Especially as a longtime fan. We need to get our collective sh*t together - because as I've said, waiting hasn't and isn't going to cut it. Even more so to your point on timeline.

It just seems like a few fans here were broken yesterday and may hang their fan cleats up. lol

But if people are willing to make 15 threads bemoaning yesterday in every way then they should say/do something about it, and not here but to the people responsible for the product.

For too man years UNT fans have waited for better - we need to MAKE it happen. And that starts off the fan forum imo with personal action.

Light the way... I'm not so much on board for social media castration, really ever, but certainly not this early in a tenure. I can send emails like I'm a disgruntled 75 year old. That won't do anything, and we know that. Athletic departments are so insulated and contracts are created so favorable to the employee, it's a joke. And the punchline is that it's been said the best job in the world is a fired D1 collegiate HC. It's a wait and see approach at this point, but we can't witness what we did and not at least be critical of it on a fan message board. I think we can all agree with that. 

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Light the way... I'm not so much on board for social media castration, really ever, but certainly not this early in a tenure. I can send emails like I'm a disgruntled 75 year old. That won't do anything, and we know that. Athletic departments are so insulated and contracts are created so favorable to the employee, it's a joke. And the punchline is that it's been said the best job in the world is a fired D1 collegiate HC. It's a wait and see approach at this point, but we can't witness what we did and not at least be critical of it on a fan message board. I think we can all agree with that. 

I see it differently - when you invest in the support of the school/team you have a say. And if the voice is loud enough, whether vocally or monetarily, it will be heard.

But man did this board go off the rails badly. So I am also warranted in asking people to do something with all that passion/energy/anger. 

People who said to relax it's just one game were literally told off. Look at how you came at me as a defender of Morris or whatever. But the answer is to wait and see? That doesn't add up.

Edited by UNTethered Eagle
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I see it differently - when you invest in the support of the school/team you have a say. And if the voice is loud enough, whether vocally or monetarily, it will be heard.

But man did this board go off the rails badly. So I am also warranted in asking people to do something with all that passion/energy/anger. 

People who said to relax it's just one game were literally told off. Look at how you came at me as a defender of Morris or whatever. But the answer is to wait and see? That doesn't add up.

I didn't 'come at you', but displeasure needs to be vocalized after that kind of performance. And anyone deflecting that displeasure is simply in the way of progress. But it is not my job and therefore I have no say. But if it were...for starters.. 

1. Play your youngest of players that have potential. 

2. Understand that I will be moving to a 4-man front. 

3. Understand that I need to commit to the best players on my offense  as it sits, my 4 running backs. 

4. Understand that we will be hammering the piss out of the portal as soon as possible. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I didn't 'come at you', but displeasure needs to be vocalized after that kind of performance. And anyone deflecting that displeasure is simply in the way of progress. But it is not my job and therefore I have no say. But if it were...for starters.. 

1. Play your youngest of players that have potential. 

2. Understand that I will be moving to a 4-man front. 

3. Understand that I need to commit to the best players on my offense  as it sits, my 4 running backs. 

4. Understand that we will be hammering the piss out of the portal as soon as possible. 

Okay, we have now entered a circular conversation. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ADLER said:

Is it Eric's fault, Hell No. He's supposed to try to get the highest paying job he can. The fault lies in every single person that said we shouldn't start the replacement search mid-season by terminating Littrell.

He shouldn't have came back for 2022 nor had a contract paying him beyond 2023.  I first guess the 2nd contract extension as wrong.  That extension boldly proclaimed leadership is fine with mediocrity.  Moreover even estatic.  Maybe would if some in our leadership thinks like this guy. ⬇️

IMG_1404.jpeg.f2acc36334840fb5052a4663de041b12.jpeg

That is the perception of a lot people outside our program certainly.

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Meanwhile Texas State University fired their own underperforming coach. Texas State brought in two contenders for the position; G J Kinne and Eric Morris. They had the time to hire the better candidate and disregard the other.

Retaining Littrell until the the end of the season relegated us to dumpster-diving for what Texas State had already discarded.

Kinne only looks like the obvious better choice because of week 1. He has less experience than Morris.

Kinne had one year as co-OC at Hawaii, one year as co-OC at UCF and one year as head coach at Incarnate Word carrying on what Morris started.

Morris had three years as co-OC at Texas Tech, one year as OC at Washington State and four years as head coach at Incarnate Word.

Both of them are gambles. When they were hired by their schools last December, the case for Kinne over Morris would have to be about intangibles like how schools felt about their plans and their charisma. It couldn't be about experience or Morris would be in San Marcos. These two dudes have so many things in common it's weird. How did the fate of Texas State and North Texas fall into the hands of two former Saskatchewan Roughriders?

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

That is the perception of a lot people outside our program certainly.

Let the Joe Walkers gloat after their school loses a game. I'd rather roll with a new coach who might not work out than accept .500 football forever while getting stomped in big games and bottom-rung bowls.

Edited by rcade