2023 game vs SMU

DentonStang

I'm trying to figure out why ANYONE from NT cares about that little school in Dallas.    We have a larger student population, better facilities, and a better campus. IMO.

The only thing they have better is their inflated ego and a bunch of rich old men trying to still be relevant in there small schools athletics.

Be on your goat smelling way..lol

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

It is amusing that SMU has hoodwinked the ACC into thinking that they need the Highland Park market.  Just as SMU jumps ship, the ACC ls listing or maybe even sinking with Fla.State and others planning a mutiny in the near future.

• Upvote 1

Just pulled into DFW and the Ticket was gushing over how awesome this is for SMU. They are foregoing nine years of revenue to sit at the big boy table in a conference that may not exist in nine years. I think it is just crazy. Their only success since the 40’s was when they cheated so bad that the NCAA shut them down. Personally, I am done with them. I don’t care to play them in anything anymore. They don’t have any legitimate success to hang their hat on, the city where they are located don’t care about them, they will get blasted by the likes of Duke, UNC, NC State, Louisville, etc in basketball and will lose attendance from playing teams close to them.  They are so desperate to be included that they have just whored themselves out. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

We celebrate the exact same way every ACC school will celebrate their game against you...we bring 80-90% of the fans and SMU is appreciative

Did you go to the game when we played at SMU 2 years ago, that was the smallest group we have brought in many years. I know we were expecting to get hammered, but your numbers show that you have a tremendous imagination.

• Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

Did you go to the game when we played at SMU 2 years ago, that was the smallest group we have brought in many years. I know we were expecting to get hammered, but your numbers show that you have a tremendous imagination.

I decided to quit going to the SMU game when it was @SMU after the 50-something to 30-something loss, I think in either 2017 or 2018. They don't return the favor as far as attendance and I am tired of watching our players piss in their cleats vs them. We have had a 3 or 4 similar opponents over the years and the teams we beat in CUSA or played closely go on to beat or play SMU closely. Just tells me that the SMU coaching staff and players over the years get ready for us and we do not them. We fold. It's lose-lose playing them. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Just pulled into DFW and the Ticket was gushing over how awesome this is for SMU. They are foregoing nine years of revenue to sit at the big boy table in a conference that may not exist in nine years. I think it is just crazy. Their only success since the 40’s was when they cheated so bad that the NCAA shut them down. Personally, I am done with them. I don’t care to play them in anything anymore. They don’t have any legitimate success to hang their hat on, the city where they are located don’t care about them, they will get blasted by the likes of Duke, UNC, NC State, Louisville, etc in basketball and will lose attendance from playing teams close to them.  They are so desperate to be included that they have just whored themselves out. 

Other than the great Musers in the morning, the Ticket sucks now. 

Donnie is alright, but the new host Matt McLaren is just horrible. Very arrogant with generic sports takes.

Sean Bass is a great UNT fan but his show is a work in progress (see what I did there).

Corby is a Oklahoma, TCU (attended but didnt graduate), and SMU fan.  He's obnoxious and over the top. Corby, Davey, and Bob just don't click. Bob has great knowledge but the other 2 don't add value.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

Other than the great Musers in the morning, the Ticket sucks now. 

Donnie is alright, but the new host Matt McLaren is just horrible. Very arrogant with generic sports takes.

Sean Bass is a great UNT fan but his show is a work in progress (see what I did there).

Corby is a Oklahoma, TCU (attended but didnt graduate), and SMU fan.  He's obnoxious and over the top. Corby, Davey, and Bob just don't click. Bob has great knowledge but the other 2 don't add value.

The ticket went to hell the minute Rhyner retired. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The Ticket has to justify being the "flagship" station for SMU football by being cheerleaders for them. I'm sure they get very little in ratings out of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1