What is your favorite North Texas helmet in all of history

Tommy Gadberry

On 8/20/2023 at 3:01 PM, NT80 said:

I agree the SOW by itself doesn't fit well on a football helmet.  Maybe that's why they went with the last helmet = smaller SOW inside the State of Texas?  But I'm not a fan of States on helmets (ie FAU). 

Best helmet to me will always be the unique, clean look of the iconic Stylized Eagle (aka Flying Worm).  It fits well both directions on the helmet and it's ours alone.   Second favorite would be interlocked NT 1968-71.  Third would be a not-used-yet block interlocked NT.

Breaking: North Texas hires Coach O as Director of Recruiting - Mean Green  Football - GoMeanGreen.com

North Texas Mean Green 1968-1971 Primary Logo custom decal  [SKT-NCAA-NTMG-P1968-01] - $1.00 : diytransfers.com

University of North Texas

I have a cap [ my favorite of a dozen or so] that has the block interlocking NT with a star in the middle. I guess I got thru the alumni association but couldn't tell you how, where or when.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ADLER said:

They say imitation is the sincerest form of fellatery, and Oregon is welcome to continue to fellate us at any time.

The fact is, Oregon debuted their own frosty white uniforms with green wings (yes, OUR school colors, not theirs) vs Ohio State years after the North Texas fake fair catch play against Arkansas went viral.

It's by far our best look, and should be used in every hot weather game, even at home games. 

Thank you. Seems everyone thinks we stole that look from them when we didn’t. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

you have to look pretty hard, seeking differences.  Like telling me that O and 0 are different.  Well, yeah, but...

Coincidental or not, they are remarkably similar.

image.jpeg.eed37cb1d5b050a6d8f827f2971da231.jpeg

image.jpeg.69a7c6b2cda0872900a416024937ba26.jpeg

Guess we will agree to disagree.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Oregon was obviously the first school to have the feathered helmet.  Were we the first to have it in green and white?  I guess so, but many schools have copied Oregon’s original design…even if they’ve modified it to some degree.

• Upvote 3

Maybe it’s just me, but that Rice/Philadelphia Eagles wing doesn’t look too similar to the Oregon wing that everyone has copied🤣.

I can’t argue that ours looks better than anyone else’s.  I mean, that’s just a fact!! GMG

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Not. The. Same. Thing.

I can agree to disagree, but I don't understand why a few of you are standing on this hill

This is 0 and O.  Are they a little different? of course.  But it's not hard to imagine a meeting in Denton where they said, "I like what Oregon is doing.  Let's take those wings, spread them out a bit out and add tail feathers."

It's not like this is the difference between the letter "B" and "T".  Why are you acting like it is?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1