Which is your favorite podcast?

I don't agree with a lot of points on each one, but I am for even more commentary on the Mean Green. However, all have pointed out and highlighted important issues with NT teams. 

Just my preference but in general I want more talk on the MG and a less on the commentator's personal lives.  I know many enjoy the personal touch, but I prefer sticking to sports. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

It seems that the number of podcasts covering UNT sports is growing (or I am becoming more aware of them).  Which is your favorite one and why?

GoMeanGreen.com

The Green Room

Mean Green Show

Mean Green Nation (MGN)

I've always been partial to gomeangreen.com for the inside information on recruiting, but I enjoy all the coverage on the Mean Green. Keep it coming!

• Upvote 5

I think a great interview would be with Coach O and/or Chris Gilbert for football recruiting. Maybe the podcast(s) can include specific questions received from the fans; in advance. Often times, I tune in for the duration of a podcast only to be disappointed that certain questions/topics were never discussed. 

The most informative I remember was with Darryl Terrell. Guy talked specifics throughout the podcast. As others have already mentioned, all podcast are welcomed.    

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

I appreciate the different perspectives.  I’ve really enjoyed the recent increase in interviews. I’d like to see more coaches interviewed, but I don’t know how possible that would be. Keep it up, guys!

Gomeangreen has a coach coming on this week!! 👀👀👀

Don Cornelius Episode 143 GIF by Soul Train

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

It seems that the number of podcasts covering UNT sports is growing (or I am becoming more aware of them).  Which is your favorite one and why?

GoMeanGreen.com

The Green Room

Mean Green Show

Mean Green Nation (MGN)

I admit I listen to them all. I think each are unique in their own way. 

1) The Green Room - Colin and @Matthew Brune have such great chemistry. They are both young, hungry and a fun listen. They also have a super star guest line up. Wren Baker called in live to one of their shows. How do you top that? 

2) Mean Green Show - @Sanoe Valente is the best interviewer in the bunch in my opinion. Used to have the best hair but he sold out and got it cut. He also does a great job of bringing in rivals as well to get other team/fan basis’ perspectives. 

3) Mean Green Nation - @Aldo(football) and Greg (basketball) are the best in the business in breaking down film and doing game previews and reviews. 

4) Gomeangreen - @Harry is a mix between Oprah and Joe Rogan when it comes to moderating a podcast. @GMG24 should be on a college campus getting paid to evaluate talent. He is second to none when it comes to scouting incoming guys. The JD guy says amazing and absolutely way too much. 

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I admit I listen to them all. I think each are unique in their own way. 

1) The Green Room - Colin and Matthew have such great chemistry. They are both young, hungry and a fun listen. They also have a super star guest line up. Wren Baker called in live to one of their shows. How do you top that? 

2) Mean Green Show - Sanoe is the best interviewer in the bunch in my opinion. Used to have the best hair but he sold out and got it cut. He also does a great job of bringing in rivals as well to get other team/fan basis’ perspectives. 

3) Mean Green Nation - Aldo (football) and Greg (basketball) are the best in the business in breaking down film and doing game previews and reviews. 

4) Gomeangreen - @Harry is a mix between Oprah and Joe Rogan when it comes to moderating a podcast. @GMG24 should be on a college campus getting paid to evaluate talent. He is second to none when it comes to scouting incoming guys. The JD guy says amazing and absolutely way too much. 

Good take.  I enjoy them all as well.  We are blessed to have them all covering the program.

• Upvote 2

Until the man recently shut down the SBNation Underdog Podcast (CUSA edition), it was one of my favorites to get insight on the conference as a whole. 

The Mean Green Barbershop Podcast was my long running favorite, but lost something without @Evan and @BeyondTheGreen as regulars. 

My now favorite is The Green Room, even though they are now part of DCTF.