Timing on making Hodge official?

4 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Given that a press conference wasn’t announced today, my guess would be mid to late next week for that. Announcement probably as soon as Monday or Tuesday.

Contract probably has to be approved by the BOR.  We know who it is, it's just not officially "official" yet. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Venson said:

Is that a no on Hodge becoming HC? If so, why not him?

Why him?

So you end the season on National TV, highest profile for the school ever and nowhere in the AD’s statement did I read that there will be a national search for a replacement. Seems like we are just settling. What makes anyone feel that he will be successful? If other schools felt that he is the next hotshot coach, why did they not offer. 

Quite frankly, I don’t won’t to see the exact same offense we saw the majority of the year. (Which lead to the lowest points allowed) We had a scrappy bunch of kids that played hard and bought in.  McCasland turned out amazing results you can’t argue. He said that he was going to win and he did. The vast majority of fans, however, stayed home. I imagine in part, because of the style of ball. Don’t rip me, find out why. 

So, we don’t feel, at this point in time, that there’s not better other prospects? Recruiting has been a mixed bag. Solid hits and too many misses. Again, they accomplished their goal so it’s hard to argue. I just think that we have finally reached a point where we can ascend the heights of an FAU and others. (Not status quo)

I guess I don’t know enough about this pending hire. SMU hired Tim Jankovich when Larry Brown stepped down. Jank was responsible for most of the recruits they brought in. SMU faltered. Tony Benford was a hot shoot assistant, known for recruiting. He’s still a top notch assistant.

Please help educate me on why this will be a great hire to take us much higher? I’ll happily get on board. Just not excited right now. Thanks for asking. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 4

56 minutes ago, Cooley said:

Why him?

So you end the season on National TV, highest profile for the school ever and nowhere in the AD’s statement did I read that there will be a national search for a replacement. Seems like we are just settling. What makes anyone feel that he will be successful? If other schools felt that he is the next hotshot coach, why did they not offer. 

Quite frankly, I don’t won’t to see the exact same offense we saw the majority of the year. (Which lead to the lowest points allowed) We had a scrappy bunch of kids that played hard and bought in.  McCasland turned out amazing results you can’t argue. He said that he was going to win and he did. The vast majority of fans, however, stayed home. I imagine in part, because of the style of ball. Don’t rip me, find out why. 

So, we don’t feel, at this point in time, that there’s not better other prospects? Recruiting has been a mixed bag. Solid hits and too many misses. Again, they accomplished their goal so it’s hard to argue. I just think that we have finally reached a point where we can ascend the heights of an FAU and others. (Not status quo)

I guess I don’t know enough about this pending hire. SMU hired Tim Jankovich when Larry Brown stepped down. Jank was responsible for most of the recruits they brought in. SMU faltered. Tony Benford was a hot shoot assistant, known for recruiting. He’s still a top notch assistant.

Please help educate me on why this will be a great hire to take us much higher? I’ll happily get on board. Just not excited right now. Thanks for asking. 

He has been a head coach on multiple levels before and has done very well. Also, he recruits many of our better underrated players from the lower levels. Lastly, he has been offered a couple jobs while an assistant here. I think he chose to stay here because he wanted this job and he should get it. I'm more concerned about the assistants that stay here versus those who go with Mac. Hodge seems to have good connections so I think we will be fine. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I'm more concerned about the assistants that stay here versus those who go with Mac. Hodge seems to have good connections so I think we will be fine. 

I hope we can keep Matt Braeuer here instead of him going to Tech.  

1 hour ago, Cooley said:

Why him?

Wren Baker said on his post NIT interview on the Green Room that as many offers as Mac had turned down, Hodge had turned down plenty of jobs at p5 schools for double the money.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cooley said:

Why him?

You'd rather go the Smut route and hire an East Coast small school winning coach?   = 10-22 in his first season.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, NT80 said:

You'd rather go the Smut route and hire an East Coast small school winning coach?   = 10-22 in his first season.

For the record. I would not prefer this route.

If JM thinks Hodge is the guy, let’s do it. I’d rather a search, but JM hired Mac and Golding at ACU…he seems to know basketball. I’m good with it. Let’s keep the train rolling!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cooley said:

Why him?

I’m just gonna leave this right here…

B941D2F9-2EA4-4CF3-83C0-CBB2079A42C8.jpeg

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, meanrob said:

There’s no way I believe style of play drastically affected attendance. That would have to mean there are thousands of people out there who paid enough attention to figure out the style of play and then decided, “no thanks.”  

Ha!  Right. “Tournament wins, multiple championships, MVP’s, but the pace is too slow for me.  I’d rather watch a high scoring loss.”  There might be some fans with that view, but not many. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, meanrob said:

There’s no way I believe style of play drastically affected attendance. That would have to mean there are thousands of people out there who paid enough attention to figure out the style of play and then decided, “no thanks.”  

I would say Benford had a greater affect on attendance than style of play. Second to benford, things are just different post covid and i think the AD is still figuring that out.

• Upvote 2