Grant says thank you

Jonnyeagle

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Would have been really nice had this been posted the first thing this morning before the sunrise and before the video of him donning Red and boarding a plane to Lubbock. 

But it reminds me of the time early in his career here when during a post game interview Hank tried his best to get Grant to thank the fans. Hank did ever thing he could but Grant didn’t take the hints  until Hank finally just said to Grant, “And I’m sure you want to thank the fans”, to which Grant said,”Oh yes, thank you to the fans for coming out to support us”  

I appreciate everything Grant did for UNT. He did more than anyone before him  

I wish him nothing but the best  

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

Did anybody else have to click a "sensitivity" button to see the post?  Anytime I see one of those I never understand what is supposed to be so provocative.

Regarding Twitter, I ended up in that cesspool after clicking a post congratulating the team.  A majority of the responses were either butt-hurt whining over the shot-clock calls or "congrats on being 69th place".  There were so many d-bags, I felt like I was at an SMUt frat party.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Would have been really nice had this been posted the first thing this morning before the sunrise and before the video of him donning Red and boarding a plane to Lubbock. 

I don't relate to this disgust some of you all feel because you saw it officially from Lubbock first.  Can you explain? It makes no difference to me.   The pain is that he's gone.  Nothing to do with who I hear it from.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Marty said:

Mac was on The Ticket Tuesday morning with George & Craig. They asked him why he had been so successful at NT. Mac said it was the players, supportive parents, administration, the assistants, all the folks behind the scenes & even Hank Dickenson. Never mentioned the fans. I think it really bothered him that we never could get consistent crowds at the Super Pit during his tenure.

I don't doubt that was a factor in his decision.

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Marty said:

Mac was on The Ticket Tuesday morning with George & Craig. They asked him why he had been so successful at NT. Mac said it was the players, supportive parents, administration, the assistants, all the folks behind the scenes & even Hank Dickenson. Never mentioned the fans. I think it really bothered him that we never could get consistent crowds at the Super Pit during his tenure.

It gives anyone in Denton a little more reason to hate their neighbor. 

“You made Mac leave with your staying home to watch The Masked Singer. Now I will let Max poop your yard” 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Pretty sure he got on the mic at the Super Pit and thanked the fans for turning out during the NIT games.  

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Pretty sure he got on the mic at the Super Pit and thanked the fans for turning out during the NIT games.  

Yeah he always made time to take pictures with fans etc.  People are grasping at straws for something to be mad at.  Our attendance was embarrassing but the $2M extra a year is what made this decision, not attendance.  Certainly didn’t help but that’s the folks who WERENT there.  He was all class to the ones who were. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Quick story. Right after he was hired….there was a coaches caravan in Rockwall. I took my boys. They were probably 5 and 3? This unassuming guy walks over and introduces himself and starts talking to my kids. Most people were there to see the football coach.

I talked to him for a little bit. I just knew he was the new bball coach but coming off the Benford mess I hadn’t given bball much thought….  

He was so friendly and nice to my kids. 

lesson for everyone…..(and a big regret for me)

Get a pic with any new coach and your kids when that opportunity arises. You never know if they’ll be the best coach of that sport in your schools history….

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I met him at a coaches caravan. This was a few weeks before the team was going to Florence for that summer exhibition they played in. I told him about a sandwich place in Florence that was really good. He asked what the name was, so I showed him a pic of the place. He took a picture of the picture on my phone. I don't know if they went, but it was cool that he actually seemed interested in conversing with the fans.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I met him at a coaches caravan. This was a few weeks before the team was going to Florence for that summer exhibition they played in. I told him about a sandwich place in Florence that was really good. He asked what the name was, so I showed him a pic of the place. He took a picture of the picture on my phone. I don't know if they went, but it was cool that he actually seemed interested in conversing with the fans.

Man I remember thinking: “That’s how a coach is supposed to  connect with fans and alumni”

• Upvote 4