Ousmane?

Big Z

13 hours ago, southsideguy said:

If he did walk away hopes it teaches him a valuable lesson in life.  Everyone is replaceable.  He lost a memory that would have lasted a lifetime for him.

We might not have gotten that far had he been on the court. In fact, I'm pretty confident that's the case.

• Upvote 7
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

He has earned one so I hope he gets one. He is a big part of the legacy of this glorious season. But, I too wish he had been available for the last three games.

Abou was one of my favorite players. I loved when the announcer would drag the “EWWWWW” sound in his first and last name when he scored. A-BOOO EWWWWWSMAN…!!!
He certainly deserves a ring if it really was a family emergency.
If he just quit the team then he deserves no ring and the lifetime of regret that he will certainly have for missing a shot at experiencing something really special.

Edited by MeanGreenZen
Edit

18 hours ago, greenminer said:

You're throwing out an "I Told You So" when we are still in the could-be-family-emergency stage.  Has something new been announced that I am not aware of?

Is it not possible he needed to get back to family, and that family situation forced him to quit?

You could be right, but that's not my point.  It's that the dialogue on this forum, without any details, is painting a picture that he is simply a fold.  Quit his team.  Why would we do that without any further detail?  I generally think it's bad taste to smear someone when everything we know is only speculation.

You are right, if it was speculation.  But some of us have people who we know on the team and inside the circle.  We don’t reveal our sources because that would be stupid. I appreciate you wanting to assume positive intent and I’ve done NOTHING but wish him the best, while trying to let y’all know that he was very unhappy about being coached hard and would not be returning.  Vague answers from the department are a legal smoke screen that keeps people at bay and buys time. I think more details will emerge in time.  I hope AO gets what he needs personally and is able to continue chasing his basketball dreams.  He’s better today because of his UNT experience and he definitely helped us win games!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Shark84 said:

So did anyone else hear the rumor that he is Muslim and observing Ramadan back in Brooklyn with his family?

I thought I heard the announcers mention that about Sissoko and how he was trying to balance the dietary restrictions and that he had been given some leeway by one of his religious leaders.  I may be wrong about this but I think it was in the SH game and Ousman wouldn't have been there.  Of course it could be that Ousman is Muslim as well.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 2020 Sucks said:

You are right, if it was speculation.  But some of us have people who we know on the team and inside the circle.  We don’t reveal our sources because that would be stupid. I appreciate you wanting to assume positive intent and I’ve done NOTHING but wish him the best, while trying to let y’all know that he was very unhappy about being coached hard and would not be returning.  Vague answers from the department are a legal smoke screen that keeps people at bay and buys time. I think more details will emerge in time.  I hope AO gets what he needs personally and is able to continue chasing his basketball dreams.  He’s better today because of his UNT experience and he definitely helped us win games!

I personally would tread lightly.  Because you cannot reveal your sources (understandable), you are not in a position where you can speak with the same kind of authority.  Just my 0.02

An exception would be JD, who has a track record for being spot-on (after the news becomes official) over a long period of time.

Anyone on this board can say something, say they know someone inside.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I personally would tread lightly.  Because you cannot reveal your sources (understandable), you are not in a position where you can speak with the same kind of authority.  Just my 0.02

An exception would be JD, who has a track record for being spot-on (after the news becomes official) over a long period of time.

Anyone on this board can say something, say they know someone inside.

Yes JD, please violate the United States HIPAA Laws to satisy our medling curiosity. (sarcasm)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1