Where are we at with NIL

Caw Caw

22 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Does anyone have a single update from the Light the Tower NIL collective since the meeting ? Seems like we are being left in the dust. 

Losing guys like Gumms to the portal is where other schools are finding ways to step up with NIL. Tylor Perry would be a great NIL investment trying to keep him for next season. 

My last post about the collective asking about its social media presence and volunteering to help was deleted and I wasn’t given a reason why, so hopefully that doesn’t happen again. 

Have we given out deals? Have they taken in money? Are they actually operating? 

NIL is doing just fine.  Pwe @TheReal_jayD Gumms had one foot in the portal the day he signed with us.

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 4

No idea.  Which makes me think we're nowhere worth mentioning by the Light the Tower Group.  To my recollection, I thought they said we would hear a update back in October or November.   Maybe I'm wrong, but this seems really bad.  Not enough donations to even make a statement. Just another reason why Mac left.

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

11 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Well I, along with what I suspect to be hundreds of 4+ figure donors have either tried to get ahold of them but not heard back, or would be interested in learning more, but are left in complete silence.

So if they're "just fine", they must be happy as an exclusive club that can't bother to take money, or even phone calls, from common folks like me and many others.

Roc Nation Mic Drop GIF by Mr. Paradise

That would be a bad mistake.  There are a lot more of us blue collar fans that combined could give them a lot of money.  It’s a shame that the LTT Nil is only for the rich and famous.

• Thanks 2
  • RV 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Every post we try talking about the LTTC either gets locked or deleted. And every time we ask we just get an “oh they’re doing great!” with no actual meat on the bones. I’d just love to see them post anything. Hey RV, team just won the NIT. Maybe post about it and capitalize on the win? Give some very pumped up alumni a place to park their money?

• Upvote 6
  • RV 1

2 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

I will say, i have heard privately from a players parent that there are payments going out of the fund to some players. So something is going on, i'm just not certain why we wouldn't be more active about promoting it and the good it's doing.

It's a good ole boys club, and they're trying to keep it that way.

They'd rather it be an exclusive club, than one that serves its purpose to its fullest extent.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

That would be a bad mistake.  There are a lot more of us blue collar fans that combined could give them a lot of money.  It’s a shame that the LTT Nil is only for the rich and famous.

I agree with you, but our fanbase’s lack of support for the scholarship fund and unrealistic complaints about ticket prices would indicate it can’t be trusted to step up when needed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • RV 2
  • Eye Roll 2

8 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

They'd rather it be an exclusive club, than one that serves its purpose to its fullest extent.

This is ridiculous. It's not the first time I've heard it, so I'm not picking on you but I'm pretty sure I've heard on more than one occasion that small donations are more than welcome.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's ridiculous to say they are trying to make it a "good ole boy's club", because I doubt the few big donors we have want to be the only ones carrying the load.  If you have $50 or $100, then give it.  Seriously, do we seem like a program that has so much money being thrown at them that they're being selective with where it comes from? 

• Upvote 2
  • RV 2
  • Downvote 1

Sure the basketball success could leveraged. 

If you don't have an entity established that makes it easy to make small donations then your NIL program is being mismanaged. 

We have two entities - one to HJ the big donors, and a separate entity for regular folk to make small to midsized donations. 

The later was started by a regular guy, anyone on this board could do it.

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

48 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

This is ridiculous. It's not the first time I've heard it, so I'm not picking on you but I'm pretty sure I've heard on more than one occasion that small donations are more than welcome.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's ridiculous to say they are trying to make it a "good ole boy's club", because I doubt the few big donors we have want to be the only ones carrying the load.  If you have $50 or $100, then give it.  Seriously, do we seem like a program that has so much money being thrown at them that they're being selective with where it comes from? 

Feel free to join the “good ole boys club” with a donation in the amount of your choosing at the bottom of this page.

https://www.lightthetowercollective.com/donor-info/

• RV 1

2 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

I can totally see a scenario where they (or any collective/community) looks this way, because they are control-freaks.  Insist on doing in their way, and even though they don't mean to be exclusive/spiteful, it ultimately comes off that way.

No idea, however, if this is the case.  RV doesn't strike me as a detail-oriented, micro-managing control freak.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I can totally see a scenario where they (or any collective/community) looks this way, because they are control-freaks.  Insist on doing in their way, and even though they don't mean to be exclusive/spiteful, it ultimately comes off that way.

No idea, however, if this is the case.  RV doesn't strike me as a detail-oriented, micro-managing control freak.

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Feel free to join the “good ole boys club” with a donation in the amount of your choosing at the bottom of this page.

https://www.lightthetowercollective.com/donor-info/

Cr1028 gives the link to donate right there.  If you want to complain about it not being promoted more, then I can get on board with that. But, even without seeing it on the site they mentioned it in multiple letters and or speaking events or I wouldn't have remembered. 

• RV 1

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

Cr1028 gives the link to donate right there.  If you want to complain about it not being promoted more, then I can get on board with that. But, even without seeing it on the site they mentioned it in multiple letters and or speaking events or I wouldn't have remembered. 

Not complaining, just trying to piece together a possible why.

I think the next step for them is simply making themselves known.  If I'm a UNT alumnus in the area and I decide I want to find out more about NIL options, a Google search reveals a DRC article from 7/2022 that explains who they are.  Once you learn they're called Light the Tower Collective, another Google search will direct you to the website (did not exist at time of DRC article).

Other than that, I have not read into this.  They may or may not be planning flyers/mailings.

• RV 1