Louisiana Tech (3/9/23)

CMJ

7 hours ago, CMJ said:

I can't even remember when all the JJ jokes started, but I know the "biggest game" stuff began when I broke it out for the 2007 Sunbelt Tourney run...and then we won the Championship.

it was right about the same time...and if I recall it was in direct sarcastic response to a poster actually suggesting JJ shouldn't be allowed on the team bus after a loss. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

So we beat La Tech at home by 2 when they still had Cobe Williams and beat them on the road by 10 without him. How are we feeling today y'all? Part of me is scared Crawford and Willis are going to cause us fits but I still think we pull it out

Feeling really good about this

Everybody get their vocal cords ready? 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

So we beat La Tech at home by 2 when they still had Cobe Williams and beat them on the road by 10 without him. How are we feeling today y'all? Part of me is scared Crawford and Willis are going to cause us fits but I still think we pull it out

Every game in March is potentially a killer.  I'm excited/nervous/scared about all of them.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Definitely more nervous than Rice last year. LA Tech is still LA Tech, and will have plenty of fans at The Star, too. They're no ordinary 10 seed.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Crawford played 44 minutes last night. Willis played 45. Hopefully they're fatigued tonight. La Tech is like WKU. It's the name that gets us fans. I think the players want revenge from last year and will take it out on a tired squad tonight. If we can pull off early, I don't think La Tech will have the legs to make a comeback.

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Crawford played 44 minutes last night. Willis played 45. Hopefully they're fatigued tonight. La Tech is like WKU. It's the name that gets us fans. I think the players want revenge from last year and will take it out on a tired squad tonight. If we can pull off early, I don't think La Tech will have the legs to make a comeback.

Exactly what I was going to say.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen said:

I am hoping Kai is able to go tonight even in limited minutes.

I'll share my baseless optimism:

Kai is rearing to go.  He could have gone against WKU, but they preferred to rest him one extra game.

Now, he's locked and loaded and this team is hangry.  Maybe the injury bug still lingers.  If so, look for Kai to get rested if we are up big in the 2H.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'll share my non-doctored, baseless pessimism:

Tired legs don't really start to show until the 3rd game.  The adrenaline can carry you through that 2nd game.

I still think we win, but I don't think LT is going to show tired legs unless this is a total rockfight going into the final 5 minutes.

• Upvote 5

32 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Tired legs don't really start to show until the 3rd game.  The adrenaline can carry you through that 2nd game.

I still think we win, but I don't think LT is going to show tired legs unless this is a total rockfight going into the final 5 minutes.

If the game is close late, we're in trouble. Can't let them hang around and get a jolt of adrenaline from playing a close game. I think the opposite but I'm not an expert here. Just speculating. Maybe you're right.

I know people said this is a late game and will allow them time to recoup. I don't think the late start helps them much with having gone to OT last night. I do think we need to crush them so the game doesn't drag on late. UAB plays at 8:30 tonight. With Friday being a 2pm tip, if we win big tonight and can rest starters late it'll help us tremendously for Friday. Got to handle La Tech first, though.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, greenminer said:

So, do we stay fresher as a team because of our slow offense, or does our quick-adjusting defense use up our energy?

It would be nice to build a comfortable lead and rest some of the starters.  We don’t want Perry doing 40 minutes every game. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, greenminer said:

They only had 9 players available for the game last night. They will probably look drained the second half!

• Upvote 2