DRC: DeShawn Gaddie commits to Ole Miss

Brett Vito

On 1/20/2023 at 4:19 PM, Hunter Green said:

We'll see if DeShawn can see the field in the SEC.

Not sure why simps are rolling their eyes and getting mad. That's a reasonable post. You think old piss doesn't have 2-3-4-5 Gaddies? Lol sheeeeesh. Good luck to him. Hope he got the generic charger of his dreams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 2

14 hours ago, KeithLee said:

I’m pretty sure Ole Miss defense is known as the Land Sharks. 

Yes. When Hugh Freeze was paying prostitutes to sleep with his players/HS recruits (which he fell in love with one himself) they had a relatively good defense and they referenced themselves as this. 

Oh, and then the "Christian" university LU hired him. He had limited to decent success there and is back in the SEC. Can't make it up. 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

47 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Is it really that suspicious considering his apparent relationship with Marty Biagi who's now at Ole Miss?

No.  The issue to me is there doesn't seem to be anything to discourage a team from reaching out to a player on an active roster at another university.  That, to me, constitutes tampering and should not be allow.  Do I hold out hope the NCAA will do something about this?  Nope.  A Ken doll has bigger balls than the NCAA.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

No.  The issue to me is there doesn't seem to be anything to discourage a team from reaching out to a player on an active roster at another university.  That, to me, constitutes tampering and should not be allow.  Do I hold out hope the NCAA will do something about this?  Nope.  A Ken doll has bigger balls than the NCAA.

This.  Its always ok if the $EC or big 10 do it.

52 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I absolutely agree with you in principle. I just think it'd be hard to prove. Coaches and players become like family. I'm sure it's not uncommon for a coach and player to maintain contact when a coach moves on. I don't think Gaddie going to Ole Miss has anything to do with tampering as it's commonly understood. I think this is a player who, after spending 4 years here, his head coach was fired, staff was replaced, still had eligibility, and chose to go join a former coach who he had a good relationship with.

Between players just testing the portal waters and picking up offers, joining/following former coaches, and legitimate tampering, I'd guess tampering happens far less than we'd imagine.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I absolutely agree with you in principle. I just think it'd be hard to prove. Coaches and players become like family. I'm sure it's not uncommon for a coach and player to maintain contact when a coach moves on. I don't think Gaddie going to Ole Miss has anything to do with tampering as it's commonly understood. I think this is a player who, after spending 4 years here, his head coach was fired, staff was replaced, still had eligibility, and chose to go join a former coach who he had a good relationship with.

Between players just testing the portal waters and picking up offers, joining/following former coaches, and legitimate tampering, I'd guess tampering happens far less than we'd imagine.

If that coach is on staff elsewhere and discussed with a player his option if he were to transfer, that is literally tampering. Doesn’t matter if they are girlfriends or not. 
The idea that Gaddie just suddenly decided to enter the portal and immediately transfers to Ole Miss on a whim is naive and foolish. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

If that coach is on staff elsewhere and discussed with a player his option if he were to transfer, that is literally tampering. Doesn’t matter if they are girlfriends or not. 
The idea that Gaddie just suddenly decided to enter the portal and immediately transfers to Ole Miss on a whim is naive and foolish. 

Of course it's not "on a whim" but why does it matter? I don't view this as a coach randomly recruiting a guy on a random team. Gaddie is joining a coach he spent the first 2 years of his college career with. That entire staff he started with is now gone. He's going to join a coach he had a great experience with. We don't know what conversations took place which means we don't know who approached who first. If Gaddie called Biagi and said "hey, I loved playing for you. Is there a spot there for me," does that change things? College recruiting is all about relationships. When Morris was hired here, there were threads and comments on this board about him possibly bringing some Washington State players with him. It didn't happen, but some were hopeful. Would it have been any different?

If a coach is randomly poaching players from another roster who he's never had any business with, I think that's much different than somebody reconnecting with an old coach who was instrumental to that player's success early on in his career.

• Eye Roll 1