Colorado Transfer Owen McCown?

gordo nation

27 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

Good bloodlines.  I think his dad played in the NFL Luke.

Josh, but otherwise correct. Luke was his uncle. 

Basic scouting report was that he's a cerebral, late-bloomer. Understands the position but he still needs physical development. Pretty thin. As a true freshman, he looked pretty decent in his limited time. Played in the redshirt max 4 games, but he also got a little banged up in that time. 

Lefty, which means he's automatically awesome.

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Josh, but otherwise correct. Luke was his uncle. 

Basic scouting report was that he's a cerebral, late-bloomer. Understands the position but he still needs physical development. Pretty thin. As a true freshman, he looked pretty decent in his limited time. Played in the redshirt max 4 games, but he also got a little banged up in that time. 

Lefty, which means he's automatically awesome.

Sounds like a little more than "played in" 4 games.

https://www.buffzone.com/2022/12/01/cu-buffs-freshman-qb-owen-mccown-to-put-name-in-transfer-portal/

"Originally slated to redshirt so he could develop his body, McCown came off the bench to make his debut late in a 49-7 loss to Minnesota on Sept. 17. He then started the next three games. In his third start, Oct. 15 at Folsom Field against California, McCown was banged up and relieved by junior JT Shrout.

McCown was unable to play the next few weeks wound up sitting out the final six games so he could preserve his redshirt. He played in four games, the maximum allowed to keep a redshirt, so he will have four seasons of eligibility remaining."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, StealthEagle84 said:

My question is, who on our staff is recruiting him right now? It would seem odd for him to commit without knowing who would even be on staff. 

Those still on staff are still on staff and should be recruiting.  Even if, at a minimum, kicking the tires and/or building relationships.   

Is someone recruiting him, who knows.  But someone, or multiple someones, on staff is working the portal to some extent.  

18 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Maybe our new HC is already in place, unofficially. And he's nabbing guys already? Pure speculation. 

An offer went out a couple of days ago. I found it strange that it didn’t have the normal fanfare to it. It was a 3rd party making the announcement. Not the player and not UNT. A lineman, I think. 

What if his dad is our new HC? I know the Texans were trying really hard to find the justification to make him their head coach before they hired Culley. Wiki says he lives in Waxahachie.

Regardless it is smart of Owen to transfer because everyone on the planet already knows the starting quarterback for CU next year.

Edited by Cr1028

17 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Good offer list out of HS. Wasn’t Traylor involved with the McCowans brothers in HS or college? I saw UTSA offered out of HS.Also might want to  Keep an eye on Brenden Lewis out of Mellissa. 

I think Traylor coached his dad at Jacksonville.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

What if his dad is our new HC? I know the Texans were trying really hard to find the justification to make him their head coach before they hired Culley. Wiki says he lives in Waxahachie.

Regardless it is smart of Owen to transfer because everyone on the planet already knows the starting quarterback for CU next year.

Could be a great QB coach?