Grand Canyon (12/10/2022)

greenminer

16 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

off the subject but did not want to add another  topic.

So I am bored with the rain and I see UTEP is playing DePaul.  DePaul won by 20, but guess who is on the DePaul team?   Gibson I guess he didn't like OU and moved on.

On a related note, I was watching highlights of games last week and saw former UTEP 3-point sharpshooter Guard Souley Boum was on Xavier now.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Followed the game on my phone, ESPN Gamecast, due to conflicts this afternoon.  I had a bad feeling walking into this one, but what a game.  Saw it was close at the 5 minute remaining mark and stop following it, so I could watch it later not knowing who won.  Great game in a great environment.  Our home crowds should look like that.  Huntsberry reminds me of Hamlet and loved the commentators talking about his dad being a singer/actor.  Perry was Perry, Rubin looked good again, Abou continues to improve, Scott with great hustle, and Tylor was Tylor.  If Martinez can find his shot consistently as well as Eady, and Stone could up his offensive contribution to about 8 pts. per game, we would be extremely deep.  Really like this team.  

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

Just got home from work and have caught up.  What a rock fight!!!

So proud of our warriors!

5 hours ago, L Ron Studdard said:

Also, as mentioned on the broadcast, the Mean Green are the only team in the nation that's beaten four conference champions from the 2021-2022 season.

great find, if true.

North Texas gets GCU in grinder [gculopes.com]

Men's Basketball Beats Grand Canyon, 60-58 [meangreensports.com]

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, L Ron Studdard said:

Also, as mentioned on the broadcast, the Mean Green are the only team in the nation that's beaten four conference champions from the 2021-2022 season.

No… that was in reference to Grand Canyon university and only if they beat us…. Which they didn’t. At least that is what I understood from listening yesterday. Since they didn’t beat us they didn’t beat 4. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, greenminer said:

EDIT: Are you serious?

Yes? Everyone seems  to want to make a podcast. The Brune guy just isn’t that great voice wise or that knowledgeable. To be fair I would never put my voice on a podcast either because I don’t have the voice for it as well… it’s difficult to find a really solid sports podcast. I want to say the locked on sports series are the best but then you find a random teams one and the guy is awful. Nick Angstadt brings it all. Isaac Harris his side kick isn’t the best but he seems to be a better writer and works for the Mavs organization so he brings something. Maybe Brune is a better writer. Like Dalton Trigg is a solid writer for SI (mavericks piece) but his podcast is awful. I let him know he should stick to writing only and we still manage to be friends on Facebook and talk back and forth on a few pages. It’s just my opinion…. Idk who would be best to do it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Have you ever considered that you, the guy who said Benford wasn’t the problem, that Zach Simmons wasn’t going to be good, and who I have to explain to how the NET formula works every year and still doesn’t understand based on a recent post, might be the one who isn’t that knowledgeable?

Brune is solid. He brings basketball analysis, incorporates numbers to back up what he sees, and has good guests. There’s a reason he was hired to do the basketball podcast for Dave Campbell.

I wasn’t the one who asked the question if point differential mattered. I don’t sit around trying to google every name and stat…. Rather go with what I know and come across what I don’t… sorry you have to be delayed and find every answer on Google. Sports conversations must be difficult as you search your phone every other minute…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I am sure his writing pieces would be great. Like I said. It’s just the podcast that isn’t interesting. Dalton does amazing writing, but podcast is poor… Nick does an amazing podcast. Everyone has their strengths. It doesn’t mean either isn’t fully knowledgeable on the Mavs. Dalton just doesn’t come off that way in the podcast, but he does on his SI articles.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

I wasn’t the one who asked the question if point differential mattered. I don’t sit around trying to google every name and stat…. Rather go with what I know and come across what I don’t… sorry you have to be delayed and find every answer on Google. Sports conversations must be difficult as you search your phone every other minute…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I am sure his writing pieces would be great. Like I said. It’s just the podcast that isn’t interesting. Dalton does amazing writing, but podcast is poor… Nick does an amazing podcast. Everyone has their strengths. It doesn’t mean either isn’t fully knowledgeable on the Mavs. Dalton just doesn’t come off that way in the podcast, but he does on his SI articles.

Lol saying “ha! You understand numbers and do research!” is not the own you think it is. Well, it is. Just not at the target you intended.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1