Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

DRC: UNT football notes -- Army series note


Brett Vito
 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

the positive of all this posting that your doing is that crime must be very slow over there in Tarrant County, and you have nothing else to do.  I have to admit, I have missed you.  With all the drinking R.V. and I are doing these days, when you combine that with your post, I can't keep myself posted up on the bar stool from laughing so hard.  These clowns haven't figured out that your 85% stich with a big heart.  time for a reprise.....

rah rah rah, sis boom bah....SINGING GLORY TO THE GREEN, SINGING GLORY TO THE WHITE

 

#itsallajoke

Ah, the old post personal info angle. Public shaming the UNT way.

i expect better from you. Don’t think I’ve ever commented on what flooring you may or may not have provided to the AD... until now... 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Ah, the old post personal info angle. Public shaming the UNT way.

i expect better from you. Don’t think I’ve ever commented on what flooring you may or may not have provided to the AD... until now... 

none that the athletic department ever paid for.  Its called an "in kind" donation.  And I meant nothing malicious about the crime in Tarrant County thing.  I will admit I was out of line a few years ago, but so were you. 

I'll shout it from the mountain top.  "I sell flooring!!!!!"

Rah rah rah, sis boom bah.....  SINGING GLORY TO THE GREEN, SINGING GLORY TO THE WHITE.....

#itsallajoke

btw....the basketball coach is pretty damn good, and quite entertaining to watch.  You should sneak up and give it a chance.

  • Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

none that the athletic department ever paid for.  Its called an "in kind" donation.  And I meant nothing malicious about the crime in Tarrant County thing.  I will admit I was out of line a few years ago, but so were you. 

I'll shout it from the mountain top.  "I sell flooring!!!!!"

Rah rah rah, sis boom bah.....  SINGING GLORY TO THE GREEN, SINGING GLORY TO THE WHITE.....

#itsallajoke

btw....the basketball coach is pretty damn good, and quite entertaining to watch.  You should sneak up and give it a chance.

Weird to have a coach for a program that doesn’t exist.

  • Downvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Apparently you haven’t heard that TCU joined the Big 12. A little behind your college football studies? That means home games every other year with Texas, Oklahoma, Tech, Ok St, etc... 

Get it? 

When you use a P5’s home schedule to justify UNT’s home schedule, you should realize you are on the losing end of the argument.

But, by all means, rah rah rah, sis boom bah.

 

You remind me of Randy Quaid’s character from Major League 2. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, UNT90 said:

Tech is in 20 freaking 27. Great chance that game never happens. California is a good scheduling get, something that should be the norm, not something that proves Baker is some kind of scheduling genius.

Ok let's review.

RV schedule = bad. We have somewhere to start. Yes he scheduled out till my 40s, giving little wiggle room in *any* scheduling whatsoever.

Baker shows up, unschedules things here and there to get Houston, Tech, and Cal at home.

In one year Baker has rescheduled better than what RV handled at Apogee (2011 Indiana and Houston were scheduled before Apogee).

So you blow off Houston (it's a good mid-major, and a better football program than many, so stop it), Tech (you'll be on medicaid by then), and Cal (it's unusual so it doesn't count?).

Considering we were pretty much scheduled until the apocalypse, Baker's done fine rescheduling and shuffling things about. Could we get more higher tier programs at Apogee? Probably. Will we? We'll see, but obviously let's not wait long.

Not showing evidence of being a scheduling genius doesn't make you a bad scheduler either, which is I guess the approach you're taking.

I ask you this: Are these 2017 scheduling moves better than scheduling moves the 5 years before Baker?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2018 at 2:06 PM, Aldo said:

Ok let's review.

RV schedule = bad. We have somewhere to start. Yes he scheduled out till my 40s, giving little wiggle room in *any* scheduling whatsoever.

Baker shows up, unschedules things here and there to get Houston, Tech, and Cal at home.

In one year Baker has rescheduled better than what RV handled at Apogee (2011 Indiana and Houston were scheduled before Apogee).

So you blow off Houston (it's a good mid-major, and a better football program than many, so stop it), Tech (you'll be on medicaid by then), and Cal (it's unusual so it doesn't count?).

Considering we were pretty much scheduled until the apocalypse, Baker's done fine rescheduling and shuffling things about. Could we get more higher tier programs at Apogee? Probably. Will we? We'll see, but obviously let's not wait long.

Not showing evidence of being a scheduling genius doesn't make you a bad scheduler either, which is I guess the approach you're taking.

I ask you this: Are these 2017 scheduling moves better than scheduling moves the 5 years before Baker?

They are roughly equal. RV brought in K St in 2010. To a crap stadium. That’s a much better get than anything Baker has done thus far. 

Houston is a G5. Just stop. RV scheduling SMU was an equivalent get. G5’s are our peers. When will you low standard setters get this. This is something that should be expected, not applauded. God lord.

I actually gave Baker credit for getting Cal. I consider that a slightly better get than Indiana. Not earth shattering, but something that deserves a pat on the back.

Right now, Baker is proving to be no better at scheduling football games than RV. 

And that is disappointing.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2018 at 2:06 PM, Aldo said:

So you blow off Houston (it's a good mid-major, and a better football program than many, so stop it), Tech (you'll be on MEDICARE by then), and Cal (it's unusual so it doesn't count?).

FIFY (as an insurance guy this bugs me, Medicaid & Medicare are completely different) (Can you be on both of them at the same time, YES.  Can you be on one without the other, YES.)

As you were...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Houston is a G5. Just stop. RV scheduling SMU was an equivalent get. G5’s are our peers. When will you low standard setters get this. This is something that should be expected, not applauded. God lord.

I won't crap on anyone scheduling peers. We've been hamstrung with the SMU schedule being able to schedule anything but SMU, a money game, and an FCS so we haven't had much to go on.

I don't want our home OOC to be 100% P5 as much as I don't want it to be 100% G5.

Getting Houston, SMU, Army, Wyoming, and Memphis in general at home is fine. Getting Cal, and Texas Tech at home is even better, and hopefully we can get more of them, no matter the date. 

An OOC slate of SFA, Cal, @Memphis, and SMU in 2022 and then @SMU, Memphis, Wyoming in 2023 is world's better than say @SMU, @Iowa, Portland State, @Tennessee, and 5 home games in 2015, or @Oklahoma, @SMU, @Arkansas, and then Navy at home in 2007. These aren't body bag games after body bag games. 

These are nowhere near the types of scheduling moves that RV made recently.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.