Littrell Weekly Presser

MGNation92

Just watched it live. Seemed pretty pissed off, basically calling out the team for being cocky and thinking they could go in and win without putting any energy into it.

"Once you start getting cocky, thats when bad things happen"

I hope they have a fire lit under them this week and come out swinging on Saturday

He also mentioned that they had great practices throughout the week, but the players have to make sure they stay focused all the way up to the game. Maybe I'm reading into that too much, but I would say he's also pissed about the pictures that came out showing players hanging out at the pool. 

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Just watched it live. Seemed pretty pissed off, basically calling out the team for being cocky and thinking they could go in and win without putting any energy into it.

I hope they have a fire lit under them this week and come out swinging on Saturday

Glad to hear Litrell call them out, refreshing, now hope they are focused for Saturday

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, cdizzle86 said:

He also mentioned that they had great practices throughout the week, but the players have to make sure they stay focused all the way up to the game. Maybe I'm reading into that too much, but I would say he's also pissed about the pictures that came out showing players hanging out at the pool. 

Yes but they also said they had a good week of practice prior to the FAU game.  Of course they're never going to say they had a bad week of practice before a game, but don't feel confident just because supposedly they had a good week of practice. GMG!

10 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Glad to hear Litrell call them out, refreshing, now hope they are focused for Saturday

Dang right 

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, diehardUNTfan said:

Yes but they also said they had a good week of practice prior to the FAU game.  Of course they're never going to say they had a bad week of practice before a game, but don't feel confident just because supposedly they had a good week of practice. GMG!

Dang right 

Actually, in the past he has said when they had a bad week of practice. Last year he said that several times after a game. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I want to hear "Lane Kiffin and Kid Briles kicked my ass"

-- I suppose he hinted at that with the "our jobs as coaches to put them in the right spot".

Still doesn't square with me to have had a great week of practice but it not carry through the game. Seems like they simply weren't prepared for what FAU had for them. I thought the reactions after they began to get blown out were bad -- trying to strip the ball instead of wrapping up, etc.

Edited by aztecskin
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Actually, in the past he has said when they had a bad week of practice. Last year he said that several times after a game. 

I said he wouldn't say that before a game

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

How do you watch it live?  that would be so cool 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, THOR said:

think it was more #don'twanttolosemyparkingpassatapogee

This.

Brett Vito remembers the Dodge days where a few tough questions and articles brought much consternation from the entire AD. He isn't going to take that chance again now with emotions running so high. It won't surprise me to see a question or an article with Littrell in a few weeks or after the season where this gets asked/addressed, after emotions have calmed down.

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Brett Vito remembers the Dodge days where a few tough questions and articles brought much consternation from the entire AD.

I don't think Vito was viewed very highly by the AD during the Dickey era.  But yeah, those stories alleging that Dodge and his staff were racists certainly widened the rift.

19 hours ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

Still disappointed nobody has asked him why on earth did he keep Fine playing in the fourth quarter.

19 hours ago, aztecskin said:

I want to hear "Lane Kiffin and Kid Briles kicked my ass"

-- I suppose he hinted at that with the "our jobs as coaches to put them in the right spot".

Those two things for me., particularly the second one.

But to be perfectly honest, while I believe part of this was game planing, part was effort, I still also believe the biggest part of this is the recruiting when it comes to the defensive front seven. FAU simply has better talent there, and I think it just hasn't been a priority so far for SL and it shows. Since English isn't playing, at this point I think each and every DL and LB in FAUs starting lineup is better than anyone UNTs got.

• Upvote 1